VP of Strategic Partnerships at ezCater
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We’re looking for an essential missing piece to our leadership puzzle: a VP of Strategic Partnerships. Over the past 5 years, we’ve been intensely focused on growth mode: expanding our national and international footprint, building upon our product offerings, and welcoming in more customers, caterers, and employees into the ezCater family.
As our growth continues to skyrocket, we need a leader to drive significant domestic and international strategic partnerships aimed at increasing ezCater’s growth. What new acquisition channels should we be creating? Are there brands out there we’ve yet to shake hands with but should? When we ask what’s next, you’ll have a deeply planned, data-driven set of possible next steps to keep our rocket pointing upwards.
What you’ll do:
- Establish global strategic partnerships as an important lever for ezCater's growth
- Source, negotiate, close, and maintain mutually beneficial business partnerships to drive catering buyer growth, catering partner growth, courier partner growth, and other growth initiatives
- Drive partnerships beneficial to corporate positioning and brand perception
- Create and form a partnership process, including partner agreements and a framework for partnership engagements
- 10+ years of partnerships/corporate strategy/corporate development/business development experience
- Proven ability to effectively engage, communicate with, and partner with C-level executives
- Proven ability to think strategically
- Proven record of establishing mutual value-add partnerships
- Willingness to travel up to 50%+ of the time
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s unmatched transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.