VP of Sales at Panorama Education
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. With research-backed surveys and an industry-leading technology platform, Panorama helps school systems gather important stakeholder feedback and act on data to improve student outcomes. Today, we support more than 10 million students in 11,500 schools across 48 states, including those in the states of Iowa, Hawaii, and the districts of New York City, Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco, and more.
Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama also collects data that is key to each child’s success in school and life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, sense of belonging, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
- Set and achieve ambitious goals for new revenue, with predictability and repeatability
- Lead, inspire, and manage the Sales team
- Recruit, develop, and maintain excellent talent
- Grow the Sales organization to its next level of performance, including strong structures, processes, and culture.
- Set, execute, and iterate Panorama’s sales strategy
- Through our salesforce, maintain and grow Panorama’s market leadership across Surveys, SEL, and Success
- Build highly effective cross-functional partnerships across Panorama, with Client Success, Marketing, Finance, Product, Engineering, and People
- Engage and enact on Panorama’s culture of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by way of inclusive hiring and promotions, ensuring there is equitable treatment and measurements across and within the Function
- Grow and develop the Sales Management team to lead team members to successful goal attainment by way of coaching, accountability, support and best practices
- Serve as member of Panorama’s Leadership Team
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience in using data to forecast, monitor, and deliver predictable sales performance
- Ability to build a strong, positive, and enthusiastic culture centered around goals
- Ability to lead, manage and develop a team of 40-50+ people
- Coach who can provide guidance on individual deals, process creation, territory strategy, and team development
- Ability to set sales strategy including new products and new markets
- Demonstrated track record identifying and troubleshooting underperformance
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to set and achieve shared goals
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can build a vision without perfect information and lead teams through change
- Exemplar pitcher of Panorama’s products to districts large and small
- Drive to continue to learn more about prospective clients, the challenges they face, and how Panorama can help serve them
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.