VP of Sales
As VP of Sales at Panorama, you will lead and scale our sixteen-person sales organization, taking us past $20mm and then $100mm ARR. You will be selling one of the fastest-growing, most loved products in education, backed by $32mm in funding from top investors. You are a strong fit if you are an experienced sales leader who has led the $10mm to $100m journey before and are hungry to do it again.
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 400 school systems serving 5 million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Nashville. School systems buy Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators get data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $32 million from YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
About the role:
A central part of Panorama’s success has been building a world-class enterprise sales organization, selling to school districts, charter networks, and state departments of education. We have a sales team of sixteen, with a repeatable SDR/AE model and strong ARR growth. We are now looking for the right VP of Sales to take the reins and scale Panorama’s sales organization to the next level of performance.
We are excited for candidates who have “been there, done that” and are eager to take this journey again, as well as sales leaders with exceptional experience for whom serving as Panorama’s VP of Sales is the next leap in their career. K-12 education experience is not necessary - we have built a diverse Leadership Team with experience across industries - but a passion for improving education will be important for your success. The VP of Sales will serve on Panorama’s Leadership Team and report to the CEO.
- Led (or key leader in) a high-performing sales team with 30+ reps (ideal profile: both outbound and inbound, ACV around $10-50k with a number of $100k and $1m+ deals as well)
- Built and scaled a fast-growing sales organization, rising to new challenges across multiple inflection points
- Experience selling a software solution into the enterprise, with a consultative sale and multiple stakeholders involved in the purchasing decision
- Skilled at building a highly effective talent machine: recruiting, onboarding, retaining, and continuously developing high-performing sales team members, including team members who have not held an explicit sales job before
- Thoughtful and deliberate about building culture, and how culture drives performance
- Talented people manager, inspiring leader, and highly effective communicator
- Data-driven executive, especially around understanding and improving team performance
- Experience collaborating with Marketing, Product, and Client Success around demand generation, product feedback, and post-sale success.
- Passionate about education (education experience a plus but not necessary)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.