VP, Customer Success at Notarize
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:23 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, March 30, 2021
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%) in the past year, as companies in a wide variety of industries look to us to help their customers get crucial legal transactions processed remotely. We’ve been dealing with a number of challenging (but interesting!) scalability issues, as more and more global enterprise companies look to Notarize to help them speed up business processes and provide better customer service in a new, fully-remote world. We’re building the team that will operate a critical platform company in tomorrow’s economy.
We're looking for a passionate customer success leader who can create processes and track key metrics to ensure the highest levels of customer engagement and satisfaction. In this crucial role, you'll be responsible for the full customer lifecycle (including on-boarding, support, advocacy, retention, etc) across multiple product lines, and you will mentor and scale a team of empathetic CSMs in a high-energy, customer-first culture.
What you’ll do as our VP, Customer Success:
- Manage and scale the Customer Success team as they connect with customers, build relationships, drive adoption & growth, and cultivate enduring, successful customer partnerships
- Optimize customer engagement, retention, renewals & account growth across real estate and business (Auto, Finance, Digital, etc). Unlock value at every level.
- Support and develop talent within the Customer Success team; manage employees' growth and career trajectories, build paths and supporting programs for advancement
- Drive enhanced scale and depth of team by continuously building or improving upon efficiency programs, and removing internal or external blockers
- Develop performance metrics and benchmarks to measure customer health and wallet share; own tracking and reporting of meaningful metrics, create and present ongoing business reports
- Build strong relationships with internal Notarize teams, including Sales, Operations, and Product, working cross-functionally to surface customer issue trends to key stakeholders, cultivating a collaborative culture of success enablement
- Develop and expand the customer success knowledge base, fostering an autonomous culture for high velocity growth
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years experience leading and scaling successful customer-facing organizations in a SaaS/tech/startup environment
- People management experience; player-coach mentality, and a passion for team-building
- An understanding of the SMB market, experience with the Enterprise market and its customer characteristics; real estate experience appreciated, but not mandatory
- A thorough understanding of SaaS and recurring revenue business models
- A well-developed interpersonal style and exceptional influencing skills, with a proven ability to maintain strong relationships across all levels in the business
- Outstanding verbal, visual, and written communication skills
- Passion for customers, appreciation of customer perspective, and ability to advocate on their behalf
- A proven aptitude for approaching challenges with creativity; natural curiosity and willingness to dive into the industry and our innovative products and features
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.