VP Business Development - Key Accounts at Wellframe
Product, Solution, and Market Expertise (30%)
- Learns and maintains a deep understanding of Wellframe solutions, customers, and the industry as a whole by maintaining a high-level mastery of all processes, systems and applications utilized within the department. Mastering product, marketing, technical, and executive information provided in a timely manner (e.g., features, benefits, pricing, intended use, value proposition) for a wide breadth of solutions; learning how products and solutions fit into client processes and contribute to their business performance; establishing competence in demonstrating product use; assessing product/service strengths and weaknesses relative to the competition; understanding business opportunities, including competitive positioning; identifying, developing, and maintaining relationships with experts and leaders in the field; obtaining and mastering strategic information critical to the market (e.g., interests, priorities, technology trends, financial requirements); and collaborating with sales management and top performers to continuously improve.
- Represents Wellframe within the industry by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of our products, industry trends and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiatives; communicating in a professional, compelling, and articulate manner of speech, writing and formal presentation; behaving in ways that demonstrate our core values and culture; developing professional and positive relationships with customers and colleagues; and maintaining a reputation of competence, integrity and professionalism.
Pipeline Growth (35%)
- Continuously seeks sales opportunities to support a healthy sales pipeline by reviewing and evolving a list of prospects; researching contact information for decision-makers and influencers; building daily and weekly call lists to support a healthy pipeline; conducting introductory calls with sufficient volume to establish a full calendar; engaging potential clients at the management and executive level to identify business opportunities; seeking introductions to additional staff (e.g., power users, managers/decision makers, IT, operations); networking and establishing relationships with key accounts and associations to identify additional leads; and managing and reporting all pipeline and forecast activity through the CRM database in accordance with timing and content standards.
- Complies with and executes the sales process to meet revenue targets and sales quotas by meeting with potential clients face-to-face; discussing, documenting and fully understanding client business needs and goals (e.g., workflow analysis); matching clients' needs with our solutions and service offerings to create opportunities and generate revenue; conducting presentations and demonstrations; negotiating pricing and contract details; finalizing contracts and sales; and updating the CRM database throughout the client development process.
Strategic Account Management (35%)
- Maximizes revenue for Wellframe within the territory by designing and implementing a strategic direction for top accounts; working with all internal teams to improve the customer experience company-wide;partnering closely and effectively with Client Services in achieving successful client implementations, services, and partnerships; regularly contacting and meeting with clients to defend revenue and maintain or improve satisfaction (e.g., remaining informed of their business needs, reinforcing the value provided); expanding usage or selling modified or upgraded solutions to meet current or future client needs; negotiating price and amending the contract to include additional features, products, or solutions; and identifying and engaging new business units within the client organization for which Wellframe can provide products and solutions.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- 10+ years of B2B account management experience within healthcare technology and/or health insurance industry, including:
- Selling to healthcare professionals and IT professionals
- Selling a complex product/service requiring in-depth knowledge of the client's business and the products functionality
- Managing large multimillion-dollar accounts
- Developing accurate sales forecast
- Demonstrated ability to learn a complex product line quickly through self-initiative and discipline
- Developing account plans including growth strategies, pricing strategies and revenue forecast
- Successfully generating new business; leveraging current partner relationships and developing new relationships with the aim of generating new opportunities
- Developing and qualifying prospect lists
- Making in-person presentations and web conference presentations to prospective clients to explain the business' products and services and their alignment with the client's needs
- Successfully building relationships and presenting to high level decision makers
- Ability to prioritize work effectively within the scope of the business needs. A strong network in healthcare market and an understanding of the market dynamics and cultural nuances.
- Excellent written and strong communication skills
- Able and willing to travel to on a regular basis
- Regular attainment of President's Club status preferred
- Experience with a CRM tool (e.g. Salesforce) preferred
- Ability to manage overnight travel up to 40%
Behaviors & Abilities Required:
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Positive, upbeat, and solution-oriented
- Work style & approach that reflects Wellframe’s Core Values of Tenacity, Collaboration, and Humility
- Normal office environment