Vice President, Vertical Sales
Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI (artificial intelligence) company and it is headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you.
The Vice President, Vertical Sales (VP, VS) role is responsible for the leadership, strategic planning and team support for specific Interactions’ verticals. The VP, Vertical Sales will focus on sales of Interactions solution offerings to a set of Named Accounts within a given vertical market segment in the US and Canada.
The VP, Vertical Sales will be responsible for individual accounts as well as oversight of resources on a team that will sell to new customers and grow existing customer revenues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for developing, defining and executing strategies focused on the customer / prospect relationships and overall revenue growth.
- Build, develop, and manage a Sales Team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives; consistently drive the team’s ability to meet and exceed individual and team goals.
- Responsible for mastery of the business dynamics of the assigned vertical segment:
- what drives customer investment behavior
- how the Interactions solution portfolio can be most effectively applied for compelling business value.
- Proactively collaborate with the pre-sales Solutions Consulting organization.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Business Development teams to conceive and execute effective demand generation campaigns.
- Actively communicate Solution Proposals and supporting Business Cases to sales prospects and accounts with established relationships.
- Participate in the development and support of strategic accounts.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five years of proven experience in progressive sales leadership and customer facing team leadership.
- 10+ years of relevant domain field sales experience including Large Enterprise Solution Sales experience.
- Proven capability to develop, execute strategic and long-range plans across a wide scope within an organization.
- Proven track record in Large Enterprise Solution Sales with long complex sales cycles.
- Proven track record of developing effective relationships at all levels within a large organization and client base.
- Experience with developing, executing pricing strategies and a track record in successful contract negotiations.
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical, abstract reasoning, written, oral and listening skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize issues in a complex environment.
- Exceptional relationship builder.