We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
There is a close, symbiotic relationship between sales development and our overall GTM model. Our model is one that is rooted in data and optimization, therefore, having a keen understanding of the sales rep experience, culture, incentives, selling methodologies, teaching/learning styles, growth factors and leadership development all contribute to the frameworks and systems that we use to build, train, develop and measure our team.
As the Vice President of Sales Enablement, you will act as the CEO of Toast’s Sales Enablement organization. You will drive global training, enablement and competency development programs for all sales functions across the GTM organization. Key elements include the strategic vision, definition, alignment, and execution of a high-quality and high-impact enablement portfolio. Said simply, you are equal parts strategist and operator, you value the insights that data can provide and are driven by building and developing world class teams.
About this roll*:
- Own the overall learning journey and experience of every sales function across the sales organization. This includes the on-boarding and continuing education of BDRs, AEs, first line managers, sales leadership and sales enablement teams.
- Define the global sales enablement vision as well as the delivery and roll-out approaches of supporting solutions.
- Leverage business acumen, selling and leadership experience to improve and iterate on sales motions, processes, management techniques and learning paths to drive sales productivity and eNPS.
- World class team builder and talent developer
- Provide thought leadership and innovation in enablement and training to help strengthen and improve a continuous learning culture
- Align with business and operations stakeholders across all levels of the organization to gain executive endorsement and commitment for defined initiatives
- Leverage data and optimization techniques to deliver a world class ramping and continuing education experience for all sales functions while also supporting new product growth
- Relentless focus on overall execution, content delivery and measurement
- Measure and monitor the impact of the sales enablement organization
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to build and execute new product deployment strategies.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 10+ years of software or SMB sales experience in a fast-paced environment including complex products and competitive environments within a structured, process oriented sales motion.
- Self-starter with an analytical and collaborative orientation; can think strategically and drive operational excellence
- Prior experience selling into SMB a plus
- Prior experience selling sophisticated software in a highly competitive environment where product, competitive and end user knowledge meet to provide a pathway to success.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to build and motivate a large, high performing sales enablement team
- Excellent planning skills combined with high reliability and say:do ratio.
- Excellent communication skills, including dealing with executives and senior management
- MBA is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required*