Vendor Engagement Specialist
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
This role will entail past and present performance of external partners. In both North America and internationally, CarGurus managed text chat maintains extremely high customer satisfaction marks, and candidates will thrive from reviewing, maintaining, and iterating on quality. Ideal candidates for this position are extremely detail oriented in nature and enjoy process, record keeping and content creation. The Vendor Engagement Specialist must have an equally strong sense of customer service for dealers and shoppers and the ability to quickly and effectively tackle issues in both a preemptive and reactive manner.
To be successful in this role, the Vendor Engagement Specialist will be an expert at usage of CarGurus tools, and will also position themselves as a knowledge base for Text Chat and other programs that the team takes on. This role will play an essential part in maintaining quality of the Text Chat program, and assisting with ad hoc sales and support requests related to the Text Chat program.
What you’ll do:
- Drive high performance through regular quality analysis
- Report weekly and monthly program metrics
- Take detailed notes to help drive quality and consistency for partners
- Catalog feedback for training, ramping, and coaching practices for external partners
- Utilize strong analytical skills to uncover internal and external issues
- Work with internal sales and support teams to address issues that arise and approve new sales opportunities.
- Build a deep understanding of the CarGurus dealer and shopper customer base: priorities, business drivers, buying behaviors, distress signals, etc
- Ability to create sharable content related to training, and quality control
- Work across departments (product management, engineering, and sales) to address technical challenges
- Potential for Occasional travel up to 25% of the time
Who you are:
- 1-3+ years of professional experience, with a background in customer success, QA, or record keeping
- Outstanding Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Data and Quality-oriented thinker with an excellent analytical and problem-solving skillset
- Extremely detail-oriented and well organized
- Ability to perform high volume review and analysis
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- High degree of professional and personal integrity
- Ability to collaborate and act as liaison both internally and externally
- Analytical; Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a plus
- Industry experience is a plus
- A coachable, open-minded learner
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.