Team Lead - Sales Development at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a Team Lead for the Business Development and Sales Development teams. The BDR and SDR Team Lead is responsible for direct management of a 4 person SDR team. This team is responsible for qualifying inbound lead flow across the company. The Team Lead will be responsible for monitoring key performance metrics and ensuring best in class lead conversion rates. Aside from team performance, the Team Lead will be responsible for the career development and sales enablement of team members. The successful candidate will have both a history and passion for mentorship and be invested in the long-term trajectory of team members. A successful TL will also be essential in the future strategy of the program. This includes role expansion, new initiatives, and programmatic development benchmarks. The ideal candidate has ambition for future management opportunities.
What You'll Do:
- Engage with our entry level sales contributors for on the floor coaching, qualification training, and overall sales enablement
- Participate in weekly coaching with assigned reps – this should include call shadowing, call recording, coaching and role plays
- Provide strategic guidance and input on the future direction of the program – this includes roles, responsibilities, and interdepartmental collaboration
- Monitor specific KPI’s for the inbound program – including lead process time, lead conversion rate, and overall lead volume
- Monitor SFDC hygiene – ensuring pain, authority, timeline qualification for all opportunities and effective campaign follow up
- Maintain and ensure the integrity of our lead processing in accordance with defined rules of engagement and lead distribution methods
- Ensure effective communication between SDR’s/BDR’s and our marketing teams to deliver increased lead conversion across the business
- Meet or exceed their assigned quota as an individual contributor (20 closed won SDR deals per month, $1500 in BDR MRR)
- Effectively utilize and coach on Sandler methodology – both for current SDR/BDR roles and future roles as AE’s
- Motivate and develop the next generation of sales reps through active feedback, accountability, and propelling standards of excellence
- With a positive attitude push the teams to exceed expectations and embrace new challenges with a growth mindset
Who You Are:
- 1+ years of exceeding expectations in a quota carrying role
- Effective use of Sandler sales methodology
- History of leading by example and going above and beyond in current roll
- Has proven the ability to take on ‘stretch’ assignments while still delivering the core job responsibilities of current role
- Coachable with a history of coming prepared to coaching meetings with a strong desire to grow and learn
- Demonstrated a vested interest in the career development of others through direct mentorship
- History of presenting on and implementing systematic change to traditional processes
- Punctual and reliable
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.