Strategy and Business Development Senior Manager, International
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com
Lead a business plan for a new part of Indigo's business including content and financial workstreams and project management - meeting ready quality with a mastery of the subject matter.
- Leads the convergence of the international strategy with the overall Indigo business strategy with buy-in and support from key stakeholders across the organization
Implement key parts of business plan for first time (Able to design process to delegate components to others within first 180 days)
- Operationalize part of a new business for the first time within first 120 days including determining how best to do so and working cross functionally to get alignment and needed support.
Lead new and/or manage existing partnerships including driving business discussions and contract terms working cross functionally.
- Initiate new relationships or take over management of existing ones within 120 days.
Support key components of M&A/JVs or meaningful investment work.
- Drive answer of valuation and ROI analysis of key questions (informed through third party research and internal experts) within first year.
Design an entire project with key milestones and owners, manage meetings cross functionally holding others accountable.
- Do so within the first 90 days
Within 120 days, create a document that maps business models to products and markets that can be shared across the organization.
- Highlight the similarities and differences between different markets and identify relevant updates and changes
- Update this document quarterly to reflect the agility with which Indigo operates
- Establish a regular cadence of review with appropriate teams
Understands and embodies our purpose & core values
- Understands our purpose and core values and what makes Indigo different from other companies.
- Demonstrates personal and/or professional passion for our core values.
- Widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making difficult decisions.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and strong financial modeling skills/experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong story building and PowerPoint skills
- Able to draft meeting ready versions of presentations to support strategic initiatives
- Self-starter and ability to work with little guidance
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to requirements to complete projects
- Strong interest in Indigo’s mission and helping company to execute to achieve goals
- Strong desire to learn and develop skill sets
- Willing to travel and work long hours, including irregular hours across many different time zones
- Able to manage ambiguity and work on multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Takes ownership in work
- Highly organized, able to multitask
- Able to understand the idiosyncrasies and realities of international markets
- Able to listen for deeper conceptual understanding
- Critical-thinker able to evaluate differences across products, markets, and business models
- 5+ years of work experience required
- Management consulting and/or strategy/business development experience required
- Agriculture experience preferred
- Experience managing others, ability to do so in a respectful and productive manner that helps develop others
- Ability to work cross functionally in a positive and team oriented way whether as a project lead or as a contributor
- International business experience required
- Fluency in a second language strongly preferred
- Ability to be based in Boston and travel internationally at least 50% of the time