The Strategic Account Manager role within SmartBear is an integral part of our continued success. You will be a trusted advisor to our most prestigious clients, driving both their success and that of SmartBear. You will be responsible for finding both new opportunities and well as increasing retention with the range of SmartBear solutions already deployed.
For this role, you will need to be someone who can engage with the largest companies on the planet, across many different levels to communicate the many benefits of our software portfolio and making it relevant to their needs.
Every SmartBear SAM creates and implements an account plan for each of their accounts, to include short-term objectives and long-term goals, which will naturally include a clearly defined path to reach these objectives and goals.
What we have found to be the most successful personalities and attributes, include: -
* A demonstrable track record in Strategic Sales to Global Companies
* Highly organized, results driven and self-motivated
* Accountable, eye for detail, and interest in technology (test & automation would be great!)
* Extensive communication skills, you should be equally as comfortable speaking with a manual tester as you would with senior level executives by phone, email and in person
- Drive revenue within named Strategic Accounts. Discover, prospect and qualify new opportunities as well as up-sell opportunities within existing customer base
- Represent SmartBear to the customer in all sales-related matters and understand the customer’s business, product requirements, and industry challenges
- Direct complex sales cycles-including account mapping, development of high-level relationships, account strategies, and business cases
- Effectively maintain sales pipeline data and activity reports, providing management with accurate sales forecasts
- Collaborate with marketing, sales teams and product owner to share account knowledge and execute on sales strategies
- Availability to travel as needed
Experience and Competencies
- Proven track record with 5+ years of software sales experience selling into major accounts
- Proven ability to effectively demonstrate complex technology and communicate the value proposition of technical solutions to prospects and customers
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle and the challenges that software engineers, managers and executives face
- Genuine interest in the software development industry, with the initiative to tackle and understand the newest trends and technologies
- Self-motivation, time management and personal accountability; overall hunter mentality with entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong analytical and presentation skills using common sales and business tools
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.