Sr Director of Business Development for BioPharma (West Coast - Field/Remote)
We believe there is a smarter, more data-driven way to make decisions in healthcare. As we continue investing in the growth of our BioPharma Solutions Business Unit, we're hiring senior leaders to our BioPharma Business Development team including a new (Senior) Director of Business Development to be responsible for the West Coast.SOPHiA GENETICS BioPharma
- Revolutionizing drug discovery, clinical development and commercialization of new drugs through data-driven medicine and multimodal insights.
- Through a global network and patented algorithms, we give the BioPharma community access to high quality real-world data, leveraging the SOPHiA DDM™ platform.
- Driving novel biomarker discovery
- Accelerating clinical trial performance
- Making data-driven medicine a reality
Reporting to our recently appointed Chief BioPharma Officer, you'll hold a critical role in driving the growth of our BioPharma business, increasing our BioPharma client base across the West Coast and generating sales.
- Support, design and implementation of BioPharma solutions; i.e. real world data insights and patient recruitment solutions, as well as, multimodal analytics and companion diagnostics to support pharma needs.
- Understands the requirements of BioPharma customers face in order to develop competitive BioPharma offerings that fulfil pharma clients’ needs and maximize revenue.
- Gathers requirements of new BioPharma Solutions as well as enhancements to existing BioPharma Solutions, and informs the Chief BioPharma Officer, and works collaboratively with the BioPharma business Ops and Product Managers.
- Prospecting, developing partnerships and signing commercial contracts for BioPharma Solutions
- Discusses pricing and sales strategy and adapts pricing tables, quotations (commercial offers) and general terms and conditions to cope with the specific needs of BioPharma Solutions.
- Identifies the benefits of BioPharma Solutions and translates them into customer-facing messaging.
- This role supports our BioPharma Business unit, so you must bring 5+ years consultative sales experience providing solutions to customers specifically within Pharmaceutical, BioPharma or BioTech.
- Strong exposure of providing solutions within RWI & RWE, Genomic Insights or Biomarker / Molecular NGS is critical.
- Exposure to Data Analytics, Biomarker Sequencing or Molecular Sequencing would be beneficial.
- A proven career record of driving revenue growth and developing sustainable, scalable customer relationships.
- A success-orientated and solutions focused mindset, that embraces change, growth and inclusion.
You will be joining an organisation with the patient at the heart of every decision and action, driven by purpose as we drive exponential growth to our new business unit.
Business recognition and accolades include:
- World's most innovative companies (Top 10)
- World's smartest companies (Top 50)
- 100 Best Places to Work in Boston
- Top 10 European Tech Startup - 2020
- Top 10 European biotechs startup to watch - 2021
- Top 25 East-Coast Biotech to watch - 2021
This is a remote role across the US West Coast.
- A Competitive, uncapped commission structure during a time of exponential growth.
- A flexible, friendly and international working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- Outstanding Medical(with Telemedicine), Dental, and Vision Plans with 90% employer contributions, including $0 deductible plans options!!!
- Life and AD&D company provided
- Company 4% match 401K contributions
- Company paid short and long term disability insurance
- FSA options available
- Supplemental employee insurance options available for Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Legal
- Voluntary Pet Insurance and Auto and Home options
- Employer Assistance Program free for all employees
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with a worldwide reputation
- International and multicultural environment – work with colleagues around the world
- Flexible hours, HYBRID work schedules
- Exchanges and collaborations with experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.)
- Passionate colleagues working to make a real different in patient care. Help us change the world!
Apply now with your CV and any supporting information. For further information, contact our Senior Talent Acquisition Lead for Executive Recruitment.
Suitably qualified candidates will be invited through an interview and screening process where you will speak with members of our Talent Acquisition Team, the hiring leader alongside key colleagues and stakeholder from across the business.
Starting Date: ASAP
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent