Sponsorship Account Executive at Soofa
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are seeking a driven sales professional to hunt and close major sponsorship deals that will drastically expand Soofa’s footprint in new and existing markets. Success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly sales goals, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in stride, all while operating in a fast-paced, team-focused environment. Senior applicants with a strong track record of measurable results only, please.
Remote applicants welcome (U.S.-based only).
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
- Identify, qualify and develop national advertising business at or beyond company targets
- Hunt and close new business
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual booking goals
- Own and manage a diverse pipeline of clients through every stage of the process, from prospecting to closing to account management and renewal
- Work cross-departmentally to build and strengthen product, brand, and market reputation
- Prepare and present advertising proposals with prospects, and guide them through the buying process
- Critically evaluate performance and track opportunities for best practices
- Full-cycle sales experience
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed quotas and goals
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Expert at remote technology; you won’t let a deal fall through because Zoom is frozen ;)
- Experience using a CRM
- An active listener with a passion for learning about people, businesses, and communities
- Flexible and comfortable with uncertainty
- Able to navigate objections and willing to build something new
- Able to inspire others to try new things and feel good about doing so
Bonus Points For
- 5+ years media sales experience
- 5+ years working with marketing agencies
- OOH experience
- Track record of having closed large sponsorship deals ($100K+) at a smart cities organization
- Personal contacts at major agencies and Fortune 500 companies
- Prior success in a startup environment
- Experience working with SMBs in a sales capacity
- Experience creating visual art
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from home
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual team events
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.