Solutions Consultant, Post Sales
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the team
We put the customer at the center of everything we do, and everyone who works at Drift has a part in driving customer success. The Solutions Engineering team resides in the post-sale realm of Drift, once customers have purchased Drift products. The goal of the Post-Sale Solutions team is to ensure our customers are technically successful, from how they launch and deploy Drift, adopt it into their organization, and achieve the system integrations and value they want. In addition, you will provide strategic technical guidance to your small portfolio of customers to ensure they are optimizing Drift well beyond their initial implementation. You will be the “technical” for your customers, closely collaborating with the Onboarding, Customer Success, Account Management and Product teams to ensure your customers are successful in all their technical requirements. Of course, all this will be done while building strong relationships with your internal account team, as well as with your customers’ technical representatives and, positioning yourself and Drift as a trusted technical consultant to your customers.
About the Role
As a Solutions Engineer, you’ll be leading the technical discussion with our key customers to make sure there’s nothing stopping them from getting the most out of Drift and Conversational Marketing.
You’ll be an integral part of our Customer Success team team, primarily working with Post-Sales to ensure technical fit and create innovative solutions for our customers.
Your attention to detail focused on the customer needs will drive rapid customer onboarding completion and adoption. This will ultimately improve retention and overall success while helping to collect customer references, case studies, and product feedback.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
- Supporting and assisting Onboarding Managers with the technical aspects of new customer onboarding. This process includes creating, developing and implementing solutions that were identified during the Pre-Sales process.
- Collaborating with Pre-Sales teams to plan the Onboarding project based on client presentations, proposals, product demonstrations, and security reviews and doing what is needed from a technical perspective to get customers live understanding the technical requirements necessary for each customer to provide them with a seamless onboarding experience.
- Listening carefully to customers to provide market feedback to the Product team and help prioritize functionality needed to drive product adoption.
- Developing a deep understanding of our product capabilities, integrations, configurations messaging, partner ecosystem, and competitive landscape.
- Cultivating an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement.
- Contributing to the technical enablement of our Customer Success Managers (one off trainings, knowledge sharing and other types of education)
By month 3 you'll:
- Master the Drift platform, and understand how to properly demonstrate the relevant modules of it to different personas based on their use case(s).
- Have full command of the Drift internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide the best in customer experience.
- Grow into an integral part of our Customer Success team helping customers meet technical and security-related requirements.
- Gain the ability to share best practices for technical success and adoption (how to deploy, how to integrate, etc.) to drive customer usage and adoption.
- Work with customers to understand and validate technical requirements (Security evaluation, Single Sign-On configuration, Platform Integrations, API customization).
- Make product and process improvement recommendations to your manager, team, and cross-functionally to Product and Customer Success organizations.
By month 6 you'll:
- Be a source of expertise for the Customer Success and Customer Support team.
- Drive complex onboarding and customer implementations from early sales stages through product launch within a fast-paced environment.
- Master conversational sales and marketing practices and terminology.
- Bring your thinking, strategy, and ideas to the team to advance our creative culture and vision for the future.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer / Solutions Consultant / Solutions Engineer (pre-sale or post-sale).
- You have a technical understanding of Salesforce and marketing automation systems including Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua, and Hubspot.
- You have a working knowledge of marketing operations and how lead flow processes typically work.
- If this role is remote, you will need to be open to traveling on a quarterly basis to Boston or Tampa..
- You are willing and able to both give and receive constructive feedback.
- You are creative, technical, and naturally persuasive.
- You are OK with juggling lots of priorities and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important things done.
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- You love listening to customers, discussing strategy with colleagues, but also diving into the weeds and building things that may not exist.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]