Solutions Designer (Sales Engineer)
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is building a world-class team to develop robots that can grasp and manipulate everyday objects to solve the skyrocketing demands of e-commerce order fulfillment. RHR’s technology is a software-driven, hardware-enabled solution that enables our robots to pick and place products that it has never seen before.
The Solutions Design team works with customers to define how best to apply our RightPick product platform to meet their needs. The Solutions Designer operates at the boundary between sales opportunities and Product, Engineering, and Deployment teams. They are the architect of the material flow, physical layout of the workcell, operations interface, and communications design, working in partnership with the Sales team to develop a tangible business case for our prospects.
The role requires a detailed understanding of the customer warehouses and our product capabilities. Candidates should have a technical background in industrial engineering, process design consulting or similar, a passion for creating customer value, strong customer interpersonal skills, an ability to articulate and resolve design tradeoffs, and an unrelenting attention to detail.
- Lead the discovery of client requirements through site visits, interviews and data analysis
- Perform technical qualification on customer opportunities
- Design overall material flow and system specifications to meet client requirements
- Lead the creation of technical content for RHR statements of work: Proposals, presentation materials, feasibility studies, throughput models, technical specifications
- Model warehouse throughput
- Build new tools and processes to accelerate the design effort
- Travel 30-60% (including internationally)
- 3-5 years of experience in related discipline (pre-sales consulting, product management, professional services)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for regular interaction with customers and fellow team members
- Desire to work at a startup, to take the initiative to solve problems without having to be asked to, and to persevere even when not all the questions have answers
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to cope with fluctuating workloads and high-stress situations
- Ability to answer customer technical questions in a friendly and encouraging manner
- Strong presentation skills with the confidence to present to large, executive-level audiences
- Strong sales and customer service skills and commercial instinct
- Analytical, technical and problem-solving skills that can be applied to real world solutions
- Industrial Engineering degree
- Experience with B2B enterprise software projects
- Master's in business or engineering
- Experience in supply chain software or automation