Solution Architect at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Architecture the Solutions Architect is a multidisciplinary role that designs, architects, develops, and maintains Toast’s Customer Data Platform and surrounding integrations/application solutions in support of Toast’s Business Systems and Enterprise initiatives. The Solutions Architect will act as a hands-on subject matter expert for Toast’s CDP. The role requires taking ownership of CDP, data integration, working side-by-side with stakeholders across Toast, connecting the dots and using all the tools and techniques available to unlock the value of enterprise application data. The CDP will power Product, Marketing, Sales and Customer Success Business decision-making, and support Toast Customers with timely, relevant data and analysis within their Toast experience.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Own the overall solution architecture for Toast’s Customer Data Platform.
- Collaborate with Product Management and business leadership to ensure balance between short- and long-term goals for the CDP in a rapidly growing organization
- Architect, plan and execute Toast’s CDP implementation and it’s corresponding data architecture.
- Assess current state enterprise architecture and advise on CDP in terms of utilizing customer data to achieve business goals.
- Design an Architecture that allows for democratization of data - enabling business users to have access to organized data to test, evaluate and drive customer outcomes at scale.
- Review design, code, deployment strategies and other technical aspects of Toast’s CDP and corresponding data architecture.
- Define standards and processes to support and facilitate data architecture for Toast Enterprise Applications and Technology.
- Work with data integration technologies to design and implement new solutions and processes to support new customer experience strategies.
- Work as an individual contributor with multiple Agile SCRUM teams within Toast to provide data architecture services for strategic initiatives.
- Draft technical designs, integration standards, testing plans and other data architecture/engineering related documentation.
- Identify platform issues and craft technical resolutions and communication plans to remedy.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years’ experience in a Solutions Architect, Technical Architect or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of CDP/Data Architecture
- Ability to have confident techno-functional conversations with cross functional teams across departments, advising and addressing concerns about Customer Data Platform concepts and technical architecture
- Comprehensive understanding of Master Data Management Concepts when applied to Customer data including but not limited to data collection, unification, transformation, segmentation and storage
- Experience in Customer Data Platform/Management (Custom CDP Solutions, SaaS CDP Solutions such as Tealium AudienceStream, Adobe AEP, Salesforce Evergage, Segment, Arm Treasure Data, BlueShift, SessionM, RedPoint etc.)
- Strong concepts of performance optimizations and best practices for scalable data models, pipelines and queries
- Knowledge of tools and technologies to deliver testable, maintainable, and modern data solutions
- Strong concepts of data manipulation and distribution
- Excellent version control, QA skills and attention to detail
Bonus Ingredients (Experience):
- Experience with data management, data transformation, ETL/APIs, preferably using cloud-based tools/infrastructure
- Experience with System Integrations, APIs & Connectors, Middlewares, Data Lakes, Cloud Data Warehouse e.g. Snowflake etc.
- Knowledge of Data Governance and Data Privacy concepts and regulations
*Bread puns encouraged but not required