Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, start-up technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges data from various sources and formats, allowing healthcare companies to uncover differentiated insights that address their customers’ needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over 53 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
You will partner with customers and several internal teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that provide solutions to solve customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of Abacus’s offerings. As a solutions architect, you will enable innovation through continuous deployment across technology stacks and demonstrate best practices around advanced cloud solutions and healthcare payer systems including Claims processing(i.e. Medical, Vision, Prescription/RX), clinical informatics (i.e. Lab), provider systems such as EHR, and member databases. As a trusted customer advocate, you will have the opportunity to guide a client’s successful adoption of Abacus’s core data management offerings.
You Should Expect to (Responsibilities):
- Work across business and IT teams to understand the current business and system capabilities and determine the desired state to define the overall technology strategy roadmap
- Provide business solutions that can be either business process enhancement recommendations or new technology solutions
- Collaborate with Client and Abacus architects and business areas to reduce technology and solution redundancy
- Support internal, client facing organizations within Abacus (e. Implementations, Customer Success)
- Define the solution architecture visions for designated components that describe the long term goals as well as near term needs of the client
- Author the project architecture design documents that will drive the technical implementation of the solutions
- Govern project solution architectures to ensure technology strategy is being driven forward
What you bring to the Abacus Team:
- Understanding and passion for healthcare data and systems – including payer, provider, and integration partners.
- Ability to both define the solution architecture vision in architecture design documents
- Broad and general technical knowledge as well as competencies in infrastructure, data models, service orientation, programming, frameworks, standards, and technical modeling.
- Experience translating business needs into technology solutions that enable delivery of the Abacus platform.
- Strong communication skills with business leaders and ability to communicate solution concepts to technical and non-technical teams.
We’re already intrigued but would love experience with:
- Experience working in the payer / insurance data space and understanding of the historical data architecture, needs of our clients.
- Understanding of client services or experience working for a cloud-based data management provider to large clients.
- Domain and topic knowledge specific to Claims, Membership, and clinical data across multiple databases
- Willingness to learn Abacus platform and product offerings to ensure comprehensive solutions delivered to clients.
- Understanding of technology and database technology landscape and desire to engage with vendor partners to support both external and internal goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams, and as such provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. As well as prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.