Solution Architect at InterSystems
We are looking to employ a Solution Architect to join our Implementation team based in Cambridge. The Solution Architect will be responsible for delivering appropriate and effective solutions, developing design requirements, functional specifications and technical infrastructure to meet our customer’s expectations. Able to translate between business language and technical language, you will work closely with our customers to maximize the opportunity. The Solution Architect will work cohesively with the Implementation, Product Management and Development teams in the US to produce leading edge product.
- Design and own technical and functional architecture for HealthShare customers in conjunction with ISC technical architects
- Work collaboratively with the Project Manager and other Implementation Team members to ensure the successful delivery of implementation projects
- Advise and assist Project Managers during implementation by advising on timeline and effort for technical work including partner and customer effort.
- Provide realistic estimates for Level of Effort and Statements of Work.
- Work with customers to ensure technical design meets use cases and functional requirements and stay engaged with the customer through the project lifecycle.
- Take responsibility for the documentation of the technical solution including any partner implementation work
- Supervise implementation partner work using a code review process and source control management to ensure alignment with the documented technical solution
- Stay engaged with the implementation partner throughout the lifecycle via regular meetings to review progress against the documented solution and the timeline.
- Oversee the development of custom/site specific software that may or may not lead to future product enhancements.
- Provide technical support for implementation projects related to custom developments, interfaces, reports, extracts, and data manipulation routines.
- Provide advice and best practices to clients for technical areas related to configuration and infrastructure related to the deployment of the InterSystems solution.
- Installing HeathShare and assisting with benchmarking exercises to determine optimal deployment configurations
- Supporting our clients during beta test programs
- Producing collateral such as white papers or case studies
- Keeping up-to-date with InterSystems products and Healthcare and IT industry developments and undertake any relevant self-development or training
- At least 10 years experience of enterprise software development, design and delivery
- Personal presence and industry expertise to establish yourself as a trusted advisor to development and delivery managers and senior technical staff
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proven business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable solution delivery experience including functional/technical ownership
- Good knowledge of deployment of an integration platform such as InterSystems Ensemble, Oracle Fusion or others.
- Strong, practical knowledge of HL7and other existing healthcare data interchange standards. Exposure to emerging standards
- Experience of InterSystems Caché/Ensemble or HealthShare is a definite plus but not essential
Education and Training
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree