Software/SaaS Sales Engineer at Agero + Swoop
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. We are an industry leader in providing privately labeled state-of-the-art 7x24x365 roadside assistance, accident management, consumer affairs and emergency services powered by the Swoop multi-sided platform and a constellation of microservices and lambdas. Our customers range from Insuretechs and digitally transforming legacy carriers to connected vehicle manufacturers, mobile startups, car sharing and mobility services, fleet and disruptive online as well as legacy brick and mortar car dealers.
Headquartered in Medford, MA operations throughout North America, and technology development in both the Boston and Bay areas, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company in our industry.
Our team is passionate about addressing real-world problems with digital solutions. We’re looking for enthusiastic problem solvers and leaders who are ready to join a fast paced organization and make a big impact at scale in a job that really matters – creating outstanding experiences that deliver exceptional outcomes to millions of stranded motorists and passengers every year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sales Engineer to partner with Sales, Product, Operations, Business Development and other critical organizations to accelerate opportunities, strategically shape and evangelize solutions and capabilities, manage internal and external expectations and drive profitable wins.
- Create and lead end to end proof of concepts based on client requirements
- Become a trusted advisor to the client and sales/account management team
- Identify and address technical issues to deliver client satisfaction throughout all stages of the sales process
- Deliver technical content and presentations for RFP responses and client standups
- Lead technical discovery workshops with clients to help solve their business challenges using our platform
- Support sales with selling profitable and configurable solutions that scale with our platform
- Act as a technical point of contact, internally and externally, for software evaluations in a client-facing role
- Continual investment and maintained expertise and currency in platform capabilities, limitations, features, roadmaps, and reference implementations
- Prepare and deliver presentations, whiteboarding of Agero’s solutions to all levels in the client’s organization and across different internal functions
- Lead discovery workshop sessions to gather client requirements and critical business challenges including documenting current state and future state needs and recommendations
- Shape and evangelize solution vision based on current features, stated platform roadmaps, and organizational competencies and capabilities that addresses client’s business and technical outcomes
- Support basic implementation and configuration for demos/POCs and works with sales leaders and product teams to execute the POC
- Manage documented handover to the Client Implementation Team later in the sales cycle
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: B.S. in Product, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in technical sales
- 3 years mapping customer requirements to a profitable solution
- Experience in a fast-paced environment a plus!
- Address technical/platform/product/integration objections on the fly
- Strong organizational skills and ability to self manage and self advocate
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Can work cross functionally and be a champion of the experience.
- Highly motivated and curious to learn new technologies and stay current with the product portfolio and industry trends
- Competitive spirit – hungry to close profitable deals as much as the sales team
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Communicates with clients, service providers, and team members. Effectively teams with peers, supervisors, and senior management to achieve corporate and client goals.
Swoop, along with our parent company, Agero, has set out to redefine the roadside assistance experience by offering real time transparency, unmatched scale and seamless integration with most of the major automotive and insurance brands. Combined, we protect over 125 million drivers and are making the roads safer by using the best technologies, customer service and partnerships with companies like Lyft.
Agero’s mission is to safeguard consumers on the road through a unique combination of platform intelligence and human powered solutions, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their drivers. We are a leading provider of driving solutions, including roadside assistance, accident management, consumer affairs and telematics. The company protects 115 million vehicles in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and other diversified clients. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to more than 12 million requests annually for assistance. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com and follow on Twitter @AgeroNews.