Senior Salesforce Engineer
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
Skillsoft is currently seeking a Senior Salesforce Engineer. We are looking for someone who is passionate about simplifying user experience, innovating, seeking business process improvements and strong user adoption. You will be the resident domain expert of Salesforce.com responsible for supporting users and technical customization and integrations with other platforms.
In this high-visibility role you will be a part of transformational projects and programs offering growth and opportunity. You are also empowered by being innovative and creative to improve customer experiences and contribute to overall team success.
The Senior Salesforce Engineer will work closely with other development team members, QA engineers, as well as members of other Skillsoft departments to design, develop, maintain, and deploy Salesforce.com features, enhancements, and applications in support of various internal business departments including Sales, Marketing, and Support.
- Design implement and support business processes & systems related to Lead to Cash and Customer Service.
- Understand and analyze business objectives and functional requirements into technical Salesforce.com solutions maximizing the use of "Out of the Box" Salesforce.com functionalities for future growth, scalability, and improved speed to market.
- Lead functional and technical discussions and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences, moving between providing functional/technical design details and sharing how a technical design would enhance business process
- Work on a mix of sustaining issues, enhancements, and projects in a fast-paced global environment
- Expert level experience defining the system architecture landscape, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on all things Salesforce, including best practices, governance, upcoming releases and features, functionality and systems, industry trends, and emerging technologies
- Evaluate existing processes, process automation (approval processes, process builder, flows and workflows), UX and reporting requirements to help continuously improve and adapt to growing business needs. facilitates and supports execution of pilot and or proof of concept activities to validate technology capabilities.
- Collaborates with project teams to understand requested capabilities and recommends the right set of technologies to meet the needs.
- Responsible for matching business process and automation requirements to the capabilities of Salesforce, including, but not limited to, managed and unmanaged packages, complex data model, integration, role hierarchy, sharing and security model
- Manage and install third party AppExchange applications
- Perform the general administrative requirements of a Salesforce instance, including user management, workflows, validation rules, configure and maintain security policies through sharing rules and profiles
- Design and manage Wave and Einstein analytics dashboards and custom reports
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum BS / BA in computer science qualification or equivalent work experience in business IT
- 5+ Years of Salesforce experience in medium and large-scale implementation(s) supporting multi-disciplinary teams with Salesforce process automation, integrations, and administrative tasks
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce setup and declarative configuration including security and sharing, object creation and definition, validations rules, automation processes, approval processes, reports, and dashboards.
- Experience with Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Lightning Knowledge and/or Waves Analytics will be beneficial
- Experience of APEX development within the Salesforce environment is highly advantageous.
- Experience in deployment/ packaging using Change Sets, Eclipse, Ant scripts & Metadata API.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator, Advanced Administrator and other Salesforce certifications is desirable
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology with experience working in a sprint-based project delivery model
- A deep understanding of the Lead to Order process
- Demonstrate initiative and a desire to get the job done right
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment across functions (IT, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Finance)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are critical
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.