NewStore is the essential omnichannel store solution for global brands. The company delivers Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the first platform combining POS, order management, clienteling, and inventory. Store operations from endless aisle to mobile checkout to fulfillment are possible with just two remarkably intuitive iPhone apps. NewStore customers include brands such as Burton Snowboards, Decathlon, GANNI, Goorin Bros, Outdoor Voices, and UNTUCKit. It is backed by General Catalyst, Activant Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
About the Job:
Based in Europe, the Sr. Sales Engineer, also known as a "Sr. Pre-Sales Engineer" or "Sr. Solutions Consultant," is responsible for providing presales technical and functional support to prospective customers while working closely alongside the sales team.
Duties will include leading both onsite and remote presentations and demos to a wide range of customer roles including VP of Retail, CIO, Store Managers and Customer Service representatives.
The Sr. Sales Engineer will also build proposed solution architectures and integration strategies to address the prospects’ technical and business challenges in launching Omnichannel successfully.
Additional responsibilities will include responding to RFI’s/RFP’s, leading detailed discovery sessions with retailers, supporting implementation partners during their own sales cycles, and creating preliminary SOW’s.
- Lead technical discussions on integration strategies, APIs and typical data flow patterns
- Respond to RFPs and Security Questionnaires from multiple perspectives – Functional, Architectural and Security
- Demonstrate NewStore’s offerings to prospects and partners
- Evangelize the benefits of NewStore’s omnichannel platform
- Collaborate with all levels of the NewStore organization to develop best practices, identify market opportunities and address unique business use cases
- Lead whiteboard integration/future-state discussions
- Identify and recommend appropriate solutions for complex customer needs/requirements on the fly
- 5+ years of pre-sales experience supporting either Retail or eCommerce offerings
- Ability to successfully operate with minimal supervision
- Experience with OMS, POS and ERP systems are preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or Engineering preferred)
- Enjoys working with customers
- Experience working with both internal and 3rd party delivery teams
- Ability to clearly and confidently present in front of large audiences while addressing varying levels of technical knowledge
- Understanding of web services and ability to discuss integrations at the API level with prospects
- A facility for interpreting business needs into technical requirements, and making them accessible to different target groups
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to communicate clearly in emails and RFPs
- Understand typical retail business processes around sales, inventory and fulfillment
- Fluent in English, written and spoken is required
- Fluent in French or Italian is a bonus!
- Expected travel ~40% (post-Covid)
- Europe (remote). Close proximity to airline hub preferred.