Senior Sales Engineer at Vestmark, Inc.
Interested in pioneering the next generation of personalized financial services platform? Want to work with the technology that powers some of the biggest and well-known financial institutions in the world?
Vestmark is seeking a seasoned Sales Engineer to support sales of investment management software in an explosive sector in the financial services industry. Sufficient, applicable wealth management experience at a broker/dealer, wealth management firm and/or registered investment advisor (RIA) may be considered in lieu of direct sales engineering experience. This is an early-stage opportunity to join forces with an experienced team as we revolutionize operations of Separately Managed Accounts.
- Ideal candidate should have at minimum 5 years’ experience working with pre/post-sales support and should have experience working directly with engineers and end-clients. This is not a Sales position, but rather a Sales Support position.
- In addition, or in lieu of direct sales engineering experience, candidate should have solid broker/dealer, wealth management and/or RIA work experience
- Engage clients at initial stage of sales cycle to identify key business requirements
- Define key solution selling strategies
- Lead presentations, demonstrations, and discussions to demonstrate effectiveness of the Vestmark solution
- Establish key business and technical relationships with the client
- Participate in market intel gathering and performing competitive analyses.
- Work closely with Inside Sales team members and marketing to help enhance marketing campaigns effectiveness
- Participate in the RFP response and requirement definition cycle as needed
- Correspond with senior management and customer engineering to plan out implementation strategies
- Work with sales, product and custom engineering teams to define/support solutions for prospective client with complex business requirements gathering and product demonstrations.
- Must be able to quickly extract and understand client needs in absence of structured requirement feeds, and to articulately lead business and technical discussions to arrive at value-adding propositions.
- Must be able to easily translate business problems into technical solutions, and to lead presentations and demonstrations leveraging Vestmark software.
- Technical aptitude is a must – must be proficient technically and architecturally with cloud-based enterprise class software.
- A solid 5 years’ experience in financial services (investment management is most preferable) or a solid 5 years of strategic Sales Engineer experience
- Excellent understanding of the technical sales cycle
- Ability to resolve complex issues and problems in unstructured environment
- Ability to effectively deal with various levels of customer organizations, including C-level
- Outstanding organizational, project management, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a highly entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Able to cultivate trust and credibility with peers and maintain strong working relationships with all levels and functions of the company
- Strong grasp of latest software technologies
- An understanding of the investment management industry, especially in wealth management and separately managed accounts
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Marketing, Business Administration or Engineering or in a similarly applicable field is preferred.
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status and genetic information.