Senior Sales Engineer
Catalant’s technology platform and programs enable companies to get mission critical work done faster. Forward-looking executives partner with Catalant to transition to an agile operating model and access the skills and expertise they need to rapidly innovate and stay ahead of disruption.
More than 30 percent of the Fortune 100 use Catalant’s best practices and platform to frictionlessly access and deploy talent, ranging from employees to over 50,000 independent consultants and 1,000 boutique firms in Catalant’s Expert Marketplace. Anonymized data from leading companies train Catalant’s AI-powered skills matching and recommendation engine, inform its best practices, and surface intelligent insights that get smarter over time.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Highland Capital, and Greylock Partners. We're on a mission to build the absolute best team, and are looking for talented, scrappy, fun, and competitive folks to redefine the way work gets done!
Catalant is currently seeking a Senior Sales Engineer with proven SaaS experience to join Catalant’s Solutions Team.
What you’ll do
The Senior Sales Engineer will immediately add value as an individual contributor and be charged with building out Catalant’s Sales Engineering function and team over time. The Sales Engineering team will be responsible for:
- Having deep technical understanding of Catalant’s product capabilities and serving as the technical point of contact and product subject matter expert during the sales process
- Understanding client’s business objectives, technical and product requirements and translating the client’s needs into a compelling solution
- Architecting and delivering compelling product demos to a wide variety of audiences, ranging from C-Suite executives to technical stakeholders
- Training the sales organization to ensure the appropriate level of product and technical knowledge
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders (e.g., with Product and Engineering to inform and drive the product roadmap, with Professional Services to document and scope implementation services, with Marketing to provide customer feedback)
The Senior Sales Engineer will initially carry out the responsibilities listed above. In time, they will be responsible for standing up a broader SE function and team – designing team structure and hiring plans to align with company objectives and requirements – and providing functional leadership.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer-facing technical sales or product management role with SaaS solutions
- 3+ years’ management experience
- Strong presentation, demonstration and communications skills and ability to influence executive audiences
- Team player mindset with entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 65% of time) to achieve commercial objectives