Senior Sales Engineer - Enterprise at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Sales Engineer uses their consulting skills during pre-sales to develop and advocate a solution to deliver positive business outcomes for the customer. Pre-sales involvement also includes contributing to and/or making presentations or conducting product demonstrations, as well as developing solution proposals, building architecture diagrams, ROI cases and creating statements of work. After the sale, the Sales Engineer may continue consulting with the customer to identify the client’s changing needs and provide specifications for product upgrades and/or expanded service agreements.
- Become a selling partner to specific assigned Account Executives with a targeted shared quota.
- Work with Account Executive and Account Sales Engineers to develop services and transactional pricing components, ROI/Business Case, and assist where needed on content for HSO, RFP's, Proposals and SOW's.
- Perform solution sizing for hardware/software elements of the solution.
- Be a customer advocate towards our deeper technical organizations (PS, Engineering, Product) ensuring product roadmaps accurately reflect customer needs and market directions
- Become a trusted advisor to engineering, product, and other technical teams within prospects pre-sale
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams in making sales presentations by sharing accurate technical information that describes the technology behind how Nuance products work. This often includes conducting product demonstrations for customers/partners.
- Consult directly with clients to explain the technical aspects of Nuance’s capabilities and develop solution roadmaps. This includes performing initial application discovery with customers/partners, elaborating on functional and feature requirements of the target solution with the customer/partner, architect workable solutions and evaluating possible paths/workflows that are technologically feasible and make good business sense.
- Work with Account Executives, Product Management, Professional Services, Finance, and Legal on technical aspects of proposals for professional services, and statements of work for applications and technology integration based on preliminary customer/partner requirements.
- Work with Account Executives and PS Teams to provide accurate work estimates and price quotes for engagements.
- Work with Sales, Professional Services, Product Management, and customers as necessary, to determine innovative approaches for "non-standard" implementations.
- Maintain communication with people at all levels internally as well as with customers/partners, ensuring the proper and timely flow of solution and technical information from and to the account.
- Provide input into product and research direction by establishing technical requirements, sharing market feedback with product management, and providing feedback on product roadmaps and release definitions.
- Maintain a deep and ongoing understanding of our technology, including the user interface, integration methods, business rules, and limitations of the technology.
- Project scoping: Experience responding to Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), providing input on scoping and estimating time/resources and providing quotes for the project’s technical requirements.
- Strategic approach: Understands sales cycle and strategies. Gives valuable input to constantly improve sales strategy. Actively implements and supports approach and processes as defined by sales management.
- Account development: Understands the account from an organizational, financial and product standpoint. Ability to clearly outline and develop business cases. Prepares well for sales meetings, has data readily available, and immediately follows up on open issues/concerns.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualification:
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Minimum years of work experience: 6
- Previous experience working in a consultative presales role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent demo and presentation skills
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior customer interface, telephone, email etiquette skills
- Planning, negotiating and time and priority management skills are critical
- Ability to take customer requirements and consult with relevant internal authorities in order to draft to proposals and statements of work.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and cope/ react appropriately in a fast moving, constantly changing work environment
- Knows when to escalate issues to Nuance or client management as appropriate for the situation
- Experience with contact center technologies (IVR, WFM, Telephony)
- Basic understanding of Voice Biometrics and Speech Recognition
- Basic understanding of digital interaction technologies such as live chat, virtual agents/chatbots
- Basic understanding of web development technologies (Java, Tagging, Analytics)
- Basic understanding of call center analytics
- Relevant enterprise industry experience (contact center technology providers, speech technology, IVR, web/mobile, artificial intelligence)
- Familiarity with IS Security and industry related regulations (Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI DSS, Data Protection and Privacy regulations).
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.