Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, Strategic Partnerships. You will be managing and growing external relationships and driving cross-functional internal teams, and putting structure to complex, unstructured problems. The partnerships team is responsible for the end-to-end development and deployment of Toast’s partnership strategy. This includes working closely with our product and sales teams to develop strategy, scoping potential partnerships and negotiating contracts, developing relationships with external and internal parties, and executing the deployment and ongoing growth of mutually beneficial partnerships across a cross-functional team. The team manages Toast’s broad portfolio of channel (lead-generation) and product-focused partners.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Serve as the primary point of contact for channel partners, building relationships with multiple stakeholders at various levels of the partner’s organization
- Establish, monitor, and report on goals and key performance indicators (KPIs), ensuring Toast and partner expectations are met
- Lead QBRs and other updates with partners on a regular cadence
- Identify and execute on opportunities to expand the partnership, proactively assess partners’ needs and support them as challenges arise
- Set up and refine strategies and processes to improve the team’s operations and add more value to partner relationships
- Build strong internal relationships with teams including sales, partner marketing, product, and legal to ensure alignment and provide insight into partner needs
- Assist with building and executing on overall partnership strategy, including advising on new partnerships to prioritize and best practices based on existing partner experience
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience in partnerships/business development in a partner-facing role, SaaS technology, or consulting
- Proven ability to develop deep relationships, both internally and externally, and building upon those relationships to scale partnerships
- Experience negotiating deals of various sizes and complexity
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate opportunities from strategic, brand, financial, and operational perspectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively and thoughtfully, with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
- Willing to travel as needed (less than 20%)
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience working in sales/marketing/partnership management at restaurant technology companies
- Experience managing and coaching high-performing teams
- Experience managing channel partnerships for high-performance SMB sales teams
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.