Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a Senior Manager of Digital Retail Programs to help lead “real world validation” of our early life cycle products and for developing our account management strategy for CarGurus’ Digital Retail products. You will work cross-functionally with Product, Operations, Marketing, and Sales to set success criteria, gather feedback and expose opportunities to delight our dealers and car shoppers with products beyond their expectations.
Additionally, you will lead a team of Digital Retail Consultants. You are the front line in working directly with customers and will develop playbooks, sales materials, and use the voice of the customer to validate and improve the CG digital retail experience.
The person in this role should understand the strategic big picture, while enjoying rolling up their sleeves to talk to customers daily. They should crave empowerment, have a high level of intellectual curiosity, enjoy bringing structure to ambiguity, and be proficient in developing business insights and implementing ideas. The ideal candidate wants to effect groundbreaking change. They not only optimize existing programs but are eager to consider, test, and enact brand-new approaches.
What You'll Do:
- Together with Sales, Account Management, Product and Operations owners, plan and implement programs focused on gathering early customer feedback to help ship functionality that delights customers.
- Develop and drive definition to standardize frameworks for Alpha/Beta testing.
- Lead the Digital Retail Consultant team to turn lessons from Alpha/Beta programs into playbooks and training materials for the broader sales and account management team.
- Build a process that incorporates early dealer feedback into product development, onboarding strategies, and sales cycle.
- Work with sales to understand incentive structure and handle communication and onboarding for new Alpha/Beta programs.
- You will be a “hands on” contributor to support and troubleshoot issues, resolve problems, and keep the feedback flowing.
- Find opportunities for improvements and put processes and tools in place to help us scale. Track, communicate status, and work cross-functionality to drive Alpha/Beta issues to resolution.
- Partner with others to generate new, innovative ideas. Become a subject matter expert on how dealers view Digital Retail and Dealer practices.
- Guide and nurture talent on the Digital Retail Consultant team cultivating an inclusive environment in which all members can bring their full selves to work.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- 5+ Years of Relevant Experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create compelling positioning and messaging. Can present complex information clearly and concisely to industry leaders.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across teams and with people at all levels in the organization
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects to completion
- Proactive and results-oriented, can drive new processes and function effectively as an independent contributor
- Prior experience directly leading a small team
- Comfort working in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Open to travel
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to get things done (e.g. owner mentality)
- Automotive industry knowledge beneficial
- Previous SaaS experience a plus
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.