Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Build a pipeline of prospects and manage the sales stages from initiate to close
- Lead efforts to expand and grow Toast market share and presence in the Chain Restaurant Industry through establishment and cultivation of ongoing relationships at the C-Suite level through research, cold-calling and professional networking which lead to a qualified pipeline of prospective
- Leverage external relationships and personal network to generate sales leads for territory
- Responsible for managing demand and quickly “qualifying” opportunities
- Create demand by clearly articulating and educating prospects on the Toast value proposition through the presentation of products and services through demonstrations and presentations verbally communicating a compelling purchase rationale
- Cultivate relationships with business partner counterparts and account managers who sell and support complementary applications and services to point of sale systems serving the restaurant industry
- Plan, direct and coordinate sales support activities, including management of the sales pipeline through Toast sales tools (Salesforce)
- Ensure all targeted prospect/client contacts and engagement opportunities are recorded in the Toast sales tools (Salesforce)
- Involved in all phases of the sales lifecycle including: identifying and developing leads; meeting with clients; developing value propositions; financial deal structuring; to contract negotiation and closing
- Understand the competitive landscape (strengths, weaknesses, benefits) and determine how to position Toast to win
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Combination of SaaS, Digital Marketing and Restaurant Industry Technology experience is required
- 3 + years of relevant successful technology or professional services sales leadership experience at the C-level is required
- Previous success in selling/leading sales efforts in environments with 9 to 18 month sales cycles
- Proven sales skills in complex deal development, financial structuring, negotiations and closing with both new and existing clients
- Comfortable with process driven sales, reporting and tracking
- Strong written and presentation based communication skills are required
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Travel 30% or more
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.