Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Build a pipeline of prospects and manage the sales stages from initiate to close
- Lead efforts to expand and grow Toast market share and presence in the Chain Restaurant Industry through establishment and cultivation of ongoing relationships at the C-Suite level through research, cold-calling and professional networking which lead to a qualified pipeline of prospective
- Leverage external relationships and personal network to generate sales leads for territory
- Responsible for managing demand and quickly “qualifying” opportunities
- Create demand by clearly articulating and educating prospects on the Toast value proposition through the presentation of products and services through demonstrations and presentations verbally communicating a compelling purchase rationale
- Cultivate relationships with business partner counterparts and account managers who sell and support complementary applications and services to point of sale systems serving the restaurant industry
- Plan, direct and coordinate sales support activities, including management of the sales pipeline through Toast sales tools (Salesforce)
- Ensure all targeted prospect/client contacts and engagement opportunities are recorded in the Toast sales tools (Salesforce)
- Involved in all phases of the sales lifecycle including: identifying and developing leads; meeting with clients; developing value propositions; financial deal structuring; to contract negotiation and closing
- Understand the competitive landscape (strengths, weaknesses, benefits) and determine how to position Toast to win
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Combination of SaaS, Digital Marketing and Restaurant Industry Technology experience is required
- 3 + years of relevant successful technology or professional services sales leadership experience at the C-level is required
- Previous success in selling/leading sales efforts in environments with 9 to 18 month sales cycles
- Proven sales skills in complex deal development, financial structuring, negotiations and closing with both new and existing clients
- Comfortable with process driven sales, reporting and tracking
- Strong written and presentation based communication skills are required
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Travel 30% or more
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.