Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
The goal of the Customer Solutions team is to drive customer experience and success with Markforged products. We do this through listening to their needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
In this role you will:
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) on all Markforged software product(s). Including API implementations, system networking, and enterprise level software features.
- Become an escalated resource to investigate and troubleshoot customer issues and questions.
- Represent Markforged by providing excellent reseller and customer support while driving experience through a customer-first support model.
- Become a thought leader on how our team provides first-class support via email, web, and phone.
- Implement tools and processes that will resolve customer pain points and improve daily operations.
- Drive key projects with the Markforged Development teams regarding the customer experience with current and upcoming products while improving efficiencies to the feedback loop.
- Represent the Customer Solutions team in Sustaining Engineering and drive issue prioritization.
- Train the Customer Solutions team on troubleshooting processes and product changes.
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline with a minimum of 5 years related professional experience, or an equivalent technical background.
- 5+ years of experience working in a high-tier technical support role or similar.
- Comfort with support industry tools & practices such as case management, knowledge base, defect & escalation management.
- Proficiency in standard debugging concepts (e.g. analyzing log files).
- Proficiency supporting several major web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience supporting network security technologies (Proxies, NG Firewalls, SSL/IPSec, VPN's, SSO).
- Expertise in troubleshooting various scenarios and systems by using knowledge of common tools (tcpdump) and protocols (TCP/IP, NTP, DNS, DHCP, etc.).
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of UNIX/Linux and Windows based systems
- Experience supporting Microsoft Server and Client environments
- Experience in troubleshooting API implementation issues
- Working knowledge of one or more is preferred: DLP and Encryption gateways, Windows Security, 3D Printing, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, CAD, SaaS, Cloud Technologies, High-Pressure Gas Systems.
- Ability to deliver a superior customer experience to our users.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and make related technical language understandable.
- Passion for solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description