Senior Business Development Manager, Enterprise at Unity Technologies
The Senior BD Manager will be part of a growing team that is helping drive and shape the use of Unity’s products in markets beyond gaming.You will specialize in helping enterprise and institutional customers use Unity to accelerate their business. In particular, these customers use Unity for advanced training in AR and VR, remote-assisted guidance (e.g., having a centralized team help remote workers repair complex machinery in the field with a Hololens), and simulation (e.g., testing different layouts of heavy machinery virtually). Unity is already being used by 8 of the top 10 global automotive companies, top 5 aerospace companies, 50% of the top 100 AEC (architecture, engineering and construction) firms, and leading schools and universities for everything from product design, to virtual prototyping, to training, to marketing content creation, to the development of digital twins.
The location for the role is preferably on the East Coast.
- Responsible for driving revenue and consistently meeting quarterly sales targets
- Develop solid pipeline by defining opportunities and market potential, identifying sales leads, and working with internal teams to close accounts
- Deliver accurate forecasting
- Manage and document in CRM sales cycle from beginning to end: Lead generation, needs identification, negotiating and finalizing contracts, and post sales activities
- Cultivate long-term business relationship with target customers by ensuring close coordination with Field Engineering & Enterprise Support on pre-sales and post-sales technical support
- Provide commercial / customer insights and feedback on strategy, product, pricing and other matters to internal teams
- Serve as the subject matter / industry expert on customer needs, existing solutions and sales process
- Extensive track record of having sold SaaS software and professional services to enterprise and institutional customers
- Experience in AR, VR and MR
- Strong technical, product and market knowledge around the markets, solutions and competition for training, remote-assisted guidance and simulation
- The ideal candidate is not expected to be a technical expert; however, should be comfortable with representing a technology company and working with CTOs, engineers, etc
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to show deep national or regional networks
- 25% to 50% travel required, demonstration of previous work travel preferred
- BS or BA in a relevant field, other relevant degrees or experience will be valued
- Global networks a plus
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.