Security Sales Engineer (Pre-Sales) at Threat Stack
Threat Stack, an F5 company, enables businesses of all sizes to securely leverage the benefits of cloud computing by identifying and verifying insider threats, external attacks, and data loss in real time. Purpose built for modern, cloud-native infrastructure, Threat Stack’s Cloud Security Platform combines continuous security monitoring and risk assessment to help companies gain an unparalleled level of visibility into threat and security risk at the speed and scale of today’s business. Located in Boston, Massachusetts, Threat Stack works with more than 300 security-minded customers.
Threat Stack is hiring a Senior Solutions Engineer/Security Sales Engineer (Pre-Sales) to support our growth in cloud security. As a member of the revenue team, you’ll be an essential part of the sales process. You’ll prepare and deliver technical presentations and demonstrations to prospects, then work with those prospects to trial and ultimately purchase the Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform.
You’ll get hands-on with cloud-native infrastructure, including virtual machines, containers, and Kubernetes, running across a variety of cloud environments: Public, private, and hybrid. You’ll be on the cutting edge of threat detection and risk identification and response.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Threat Stack’s Cloud Security Platform, competitor technologies, and information security concepts
- Effectively lead solution demonstrations for executive level and technical prospective customers
- Assess prospective customers' requirements/objectives and tailor Threat Stack’s technical and business value proposition to those needs during the demonstration
- Act as a security consultant throughout the technical sales cycle: deployment and configuration, addressing technical challenges, and ensuring defined requirements are met at the completion of a trial to secure the technical win
- Capture solution feature requests and document for Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams’ review
- Exhibit Threat Stack at conferences, marketing events, and on-site meetings
- Work in a collaborative environment and provide guidance to direct team members and other business units
- Remain abreast of emerging threats, security trends, and new technologies
- 3+ years work experience in a customer facing role (information technology information security, or sales engineering)
- Firm understanding of information security concepts, attacker methodologies, compliances, and standards
- Hands-on experience with security tools such as IDS, SIEM, firewalls, anti-malware, etc.
- Authoritative knowledge of Linux OS operations and commands
- Familiarity with public cloud environments (e.g. Amazon Web Services)
- Experience leading technical presentations for both technical and non-technical audiences across all levels
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required