Sales Training Manager
Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never heard of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you.
The Sales Training Manager is responsible for the ongoing, long-term improvement of sales employees’ skills, enabling them to fulfill their potential within the organization. The Sales Training Manager proactively evaluates training requirements, prioritizes and manages development of education programs (both internal and external as required), and resources. Responsibilities also include providing support throughout the sales cycles in terms of navigating the process of lead to bookings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Determine training requirements by studying sales and marketing strategic plans and objectives.
- Design comprehensive training and development curricula based on the needs of the organization and the individual.
- Evaluate and select technology solutions to provide cost and scalability efficiencies and to assess compliance.
- Manage the new employee education on-boarding “boot camp” process.
- Conduct systematic appraisals to evaluate the retention and comprehension of training content.
- Produce training materials for in-house and partner courses.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of training programs on sales productivity.
- Ensure that statutory training requirements are met in the required time frames.
- Meet sales training financial objectives by forecasting sales training requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as knowledgeable resource for Sales as they navigate the process of advancing a deal
- Maintain repository of training and sales collateral
- Assist with tasks associated with deal progression as needed
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Business, Communications or closely related field.
- 6-9 years of relevant domain experience in customer experience
- Strong familiarity and experience with a Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Must be an articulate communicator and instinctive listener.
- Exceptional relationship builder with unwavering positive attitude and a good appropriate sense of humor.
- Call Center experience is a plus
- Local to Franklin