Sales Trainer at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The focus of this position is to cultivate, develop and train a team of elite-performance Sales Associates. These teams are instrumental in managing our inbound leads and creating pipeline to fuel both our Inside Sale Representative and our Account Executive team.
You will own enablement, training and delivery for our Sales Associate teams out of our Boston HQ. You will also collaborate closely with leadership across Sales Enablement, Sales Leadership, Marketing and Operations to execute a clear, global sales strategy to drive our growth.
We are looking for a talented coach and trainer, with high social intelligence and the ability to motivate and develop a team of sales associates. You must be able to hold individuals accountable for hitting targets (past management experience is key) and be able to coach reps to a training plan to ultimately help facilitate deals that enter our system from the inbound marketing funnel. This role will work closely with marketing as the leads are entirely inbound, coaching reps to help win deals for the perspective AE/ISR through early stage qualification and discovery.
The ability to provide feedback to reps and coach to a selling methodology to improve close rate is critical, as well as a high level of energy and excellent communication skills. You should be a team player with the ability to balance a competitive, fast-paced sales team with a respectful, healthy and fun work environment.
About this roll*:
- Deliver training and onboarding for a team of Toast SA’s build a culture of continued success and goal achievement through talent management, coaching, and training
- Energize, motivate and manage and ramp large teams of junior sales associates, building a bench of future Toast Account Executives
- Develop plans, strategies and processes for acquiring business and achieving the sales goals
- Partner with sales, marketing, operations, and enablement to build relevant content and educational programs for SA teams and managers
- Roll up your sleeves and deliver programs that will win more business!
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 2+ years of sales management experience, previous experience selling restaurant POS technology and/or restaurant management experience a plus
- 2+years training/enablement experience
- Self-motivated with proven track record at achieving or exceeding goals and quota
- Demonstrated experience with building and successfully scaling sales strategies and supporting processes
- Proficiency with working with Salesforce data and the curiosity to find actionable insights
- Strong ability to coach and mentor and motivate teams of salespeople through deals, as well as foster career development
- Excellent presentation and communication skills written and verbal
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
*Bread puns encouraged but not required