An accomplished Inside Sales Trainer with a passion for coaching and training will be responsible for delivering productivity programs to Smartsheet Sales Representatives, live and virtually, in the areas of Smartsheet’s sales process, sales messaging, sales tools, and other specialized content. Develop sales representatives (in a 1:1 and 1:Many environment) through role-play and real-time observation, focused feedback, skill gap analysis, and coaching that improve sales competence, sales confidence and executive level selling while making them productive faster. Partner with sales leadership to provide on-going communication regarding aptitude and performance, and identify and execute on key strategic and development initiatives for the field. This position requires an individual that is results oriented and passionate about helping sales exceed sales targets.
- Train new hires by preparing them to meet and exceed sales proficiency, sales productivity, and training requirements beyond the initial onboarding window through a focus on sales process, sales messaging, sales tools, and other necessary sales success skills.
- Leverage multiple modalities to train/guide/coach sales representative new hires (in a 1:1 or 1:Many environments). These include but are not limited to Live Training, eLearning, Virtual Training, Google+, Podcasts, Documentation, Best Practices, Case Studies, Success Stories, Role-Playing, Scenarios and Certifications.
- Help new reps effectively manage their pipeline through pipeline management coaching and account planning, if needed, deliver necessary ongoing training in these areas for existing reps.
- Monitor progress of new hires, conduct testing, and assess performance of sales teams to demonstrate impact of participation in our programs and aid in prioritizing enablement strategies, training, and tactics.
- Regularly observe sales teams to ascertain relevant training content for new hires and to ensure that what is trained to new hires aligns with current sales process and techniques.
- Develop and deliver content for ongoing training programs (i.e. Sales Execution Series, Product/Feature Launches, etc.)
- Collaborate with Sales and Enablement Leadership to determine key skills and gaps to focus on for each new hire as the transition out of onboarding.
- Partner with Sales Leadership and the Sales Enablement Team to evolve, design & deliver sales proficiency and productivity programs that support overall Commercial Sales initiatives, scale with the growth of the Sales organization, and meet the requirements of sales teams for new and existing reps.
- As needed, collaborate with other departments in order to provide information to sales teams on product, process, and other changes/updates that may affect the sales team as part of ongoing training & preparedness.
- Manage a new hire training and sales training calendar with the reps you are working with.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies.
- 3+ years training delivery required.
- 3-5 years delivering sales results in a quota carrying role preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft or Google application software (i.e., Office Suite or Google for Work).
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be open to change.
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must possess excellent written, verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills in small and large groups
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Must be able to provide leadership in a virtual team environment.
- Strong one-on-one interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage cross functional teams/projects.
- Ability to perform a situational analysis to form opinion or solutions.