Sales Team Manager at Leyton
Leyton is a global consultancy firm dedicated to helping companies of all sizes improve their business performance with innovation funding through underutilized tax strategies and incentives. Founded in 1997, we have grown to over 1,700 employees in 12 countries, with US offices in Boston and San Francisco. Having a newer US presence gives us the feel of a startup with the financial stability of a larger company.
Currently in the US, our specific expertise is in the implementation and optimization of Research and Development (R&D) Tax Relief and Credits. Our business consultants, technical experts and tax specialists work with a wide range of companies, offering strategic advice on how R&D work can be structured and financed. Our sales and strategic teams initiate rewarding conversations with hundreds of firms in 70+ niche markets. So far we’ve helped over 25,000 companies uncover tax credits to help fund innovation and accelerate the growth of their business.
We offer real career opportunities in a fast-growing, friendly firm with a dynamic and ambitious team. With diverse groups from sales to scientists, there is plenty to learn and collaborate on - ideal for those who are intellectually curious. Our compensation package is competitive and you will be rewarded on the basis of your personal performance, as well as on the basis of the company's overall achievements. For the right candidate, the extensive growth plans for the US offer the opportunity to progress quickly.
Function of the role:
The Sales Manager will be responsible for a team consisting of Sales Executives and Senior Sales Executives. The direct reports are typically office-based with focus on new business development and client strategy. This is an all-encompassing management role, where the Sales Manager will motivate, train and ensure target performance.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Grow and manage sales team
- Achieve overall team sales target through mentoring and leadership
- Maintain and increase sales volume
- Shadowing, coaching, and training of direct reports
- Maintain team results; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Work with recruitment to hire your team
- Run incentives for the team
- Player/Coach who has a passion for selling
- Work with the General Manager to ensure the US goals are achieved
- Interest in contributing to the sales strategy of the organization
- Team player who enjoys having input on the structure and bigger picture of the organization
- Collaborate with other Sales Managers
- Strategic and other projects as required
Desired experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 – 5 years of previous management experience; managed a fully or partially remote team
- Individual contributor sales experience
- Demonstrable experience growing a positive sales culture
- Experience in a fast growing organization
- Experience with new business development
- Past or current experience carrying individual targets
- Experience supporting and achieving team targets
- Outstanding organization and communication skills; confident, articulate and persuasive
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Perks and Benefits
Leyton offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, dental, healthcare FSA, HRA, 401K, pre-tax transit and parking plans, PTO, and observed holidays. With a culture built on collaborative teamwork, respect and honesty, energy and can-do attitudes, dynamic innovation and excellence, Leyton fosters a supportive and empowering environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Leyton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.