Sales Product Strategist at TripAdvisor
Sales Product Specialist
AM Strategy team is a newly created global team under the Analytics and Operations Organization, Hotels, tasked with providing global oversight, standardization and consistency for more than 60 AMs across ~20 sales pods in 4 verticals: Hotels, OTAs, DMO and Media. This team will be responsible for enabling best practices globally, monitor process to ensure maximum efficiency for the benefit of all sectors.
Someone in this position has to be able to win complete trust and confidence of pod leaders and AMs in the region, internal stakeholders (AdSol, Product, etc.) and sales leadership, and use influence to get things accomplished and move business forward.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitors activities that AMs in all pods are involved in consistently through in-person and group sessions, frequent check ins, being on the ground with AMs and observing their day to day routine
- Recognizes inefficiencies and inconsistencies in the process, identifies different solutions and approaches to address them. Assesses resources and requirements from the system and product sides
- Creates concise and specific proposals for Ops and Sales leadership with specific steps and actions to be put in place
- Identifies consistent drivers/reasons for opportunities we win and lose, shares them within the team, and incorporates this key information into the strategy moving forward.
- Creates qualitative measurements and metrics to asses AM performance/success
- Leads complex multifunctional projects independently, defines goals and objectives, identifies resources, provides updates to the right stakeholders at right moment, solicits feedback, proactively drives the projects all the way to completion
- The projects may be related to efficiency improvements, process refinement or complete redesign, new products or improvements/enhancement rollout, new tools or vendors
- Identifies and shares best practices, winning approaches and test results globally:
- Is involved in any tests in pods, closely works with peers in other regions to gain knowledge of developments globally
- Creatively thinks about application of learning, discovers and tests results, collaborates with peers, identifies best ways to share and spread knowledge
- Works with training team on creating materials and training programs, if needed
- Is a conduit across multiple teams selling and supporting different products:
- Understands/learns how TripAdvisor works, how to navigate key stakeholders, processes, and product sets. Capitalizes on how teams accomplish their best work, supports changes and evolvement, stays current on product, people, and organizational changes, picks things up quickly, and builds upon them.
- Is involved and engaged with product teams for all products, stays on top of new developments and roadmaps, communicates needs for additional training and communicates to pods and AMs
- Collect feedback from the pods, consolidate and provide to product teams, research, teams under CoreX, etc.
- Uses influence to get things accomplished and to move business forward
- Operates autonomously and independently, without specific direction or inertia from other sources to take action on their business. Communicates frequently and effectively with peers globally
- Provides feedback up, down, and across the organization in order to enhance collective performance and outcomes. Makes recommendations and comes up with solutions when providing feedback, where possible.
- Communicates effectively and proactively, and successfully navigates the dance between internal and external expectations
- 8-10 years of experience in a digital sales organization as a sales rep, account manager, or in a supporting operational function
- People management experience is a plus
- Both sales and operational experience is a big advantage
- Operational perspective, process-driven, detailed oriented and highly organized person will be more likely to succeed
- Strong project management skills are required
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationship and manage stakeholders from different functions and with different levels of seniority is a must
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.