Sales Operations Manager at Ellevation Education
In 1 month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation, and the work we do to improve outcomes for ELL students.
- Gain an understanding of our pricing model.
- Review and document our current quoting and contracting processes.
- Understand the terms and conditions in our standard contracts.
- Begin attending sales meetings.
In 3 months, you will:
- Propose and drive improvements to the current quoting and contracting processes.
- Be the primary point person for reviewing sales proposals and contracts and for responding to customer requests for changes to legal terms.
- Learn and own the RFP processes and complete/distribute ad hoc vendor forms as they arise.
- Produce reports that help management better understand rep productivity.
- Gain an understanding of the sales pipeline in order to help predict future bookings.
In 6 months, you will:
- Work with internal teams on contract questions, including interpretation of terms and conditions of contractual obligations. Advise departments of contractual rights and obligations.
- Provide insights to the VP of Sales on bookings and pipeline trends.
- Have met with every sales director on multiple occasions to build strong relationships and gain their buy-in for the process.
In 12 months, you will:
- Be a trusted resource to the commercial team. Sales people will consult you on the best way to write quotes that achieve the goals of customers within the constraints of our pricing and revenue recognition models.
- Propose changes to compensation plans that would provide better incentives to achieving both representative and company goals.
- Assess rep productivity with a view toward assessing the correct size and structure of the commercial team.
- Train the sales team on our processes, pricing model, and legal terms in contracts.
- Recommend improvements and changes to our existing IT systems that would produce better insights and efficiencies in the quoting and contracting processes.
- You have demonstrated the ability to work cross-functionally in an organization to contribute to success in business development and sales. Minimum of 5 years of experience working closely with business development and sales teams.
- Able to read and comprehend commercial contracts in order to be the point person for coordinating between sales and legal on getting contract to closure.
- You’re a strong relationship builder and communicator. In this role, you’ll partner with the sales team, gain trust, and push back to drive decisions forward.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Experienced with Salesforce; CPQ experience a plus.
- You have a strong understanding of revenue recognition rules.