Sales Operations Analyst at Acquia
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future, and we want you to be a part of it!
Our success begins with our team. That’s why Acquia prides itself on hiring innovative people who demonstrate an eagerness to grow, make an impact, and seek out new challenges to create bigger, better, and bolder customer experiences.
To do this, we match our talented new hires that have a passion and dedication to learning and contributing with opportunities that not only harness their strengths but also challenge them to stretch beyond their comfort zone and tackle problems at the edge of their skill set. Our goal is to present opportunities that inspire collaboration, creativity, and professional developmentThe Sales Analyst will be a member of the Sales Planning & Analysis team in support of Acquia’s continued growth. This highly visible role is ideal for a motivated individual who uses fact-based analysis and creative thinking to seek problems! This team member will be encouraged to develop a deep understanding of Acquia’s business drivers and build positive relationships with function, department, and executive leadership to build impactful analysis. In return, this role offers the right candidate the opportunity to help craft the next phase of Acquia’s history.
In this role, you will forecast and analyze quarterly business results, perform sophisticated ad hoc analysis, and identify performance opportunities. This person will work with reports and reporting tools that transform large amounts of data into meaningful information. Examples of possible analysis workload include: performance variance analysis, forecast accuracy analysis, sales pipeline analysis, and identifying leading indicators of territory performance.Responsibilities:
- Assist with quarterly close, reporting and forecasting, and planning process
- Identifying and understanding business trends and quarterly variances
- Preparation of management reports
- Conduct ad hoc analytical studies in support of operational improvement initiatives
- Build and maintain models and reports to clearly communicate actual results and forecast performance
- Complete quarterly variance analysis and identify key business drivers
- Create tools to facilitate the analysis of transactional data
- Bachelors in Finance and/or Accounting or related field experience is required
- 2-4 years’ experience in Financial Analysis or Sales Operations
- Shown capability in financial modeling
- Experience with modeling and budgeting
- Very strong analytical/problem-solving skills
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills and the able to harmonize with various levels within the organization
- Sophisticated Excel skills and capable of interpreting/manipulating data
- Salesforce, Domo and Xactly experience a plus
- Understanding of the levers which impact business performance
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to present the results of sophisticated analysis clearly and optimally to a wide range of business leaders
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.