Sales Onboarding and Skills Trainer at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is seeking a world-class Sales Onboarding and Skills Trainer to enhance and manage our Sales and Service new employee onboarding program. This person will partner with leaders across all Sales, Account Management, and Customer Support teams to build a customized onboarding plan for their respective new hires. Your onboarding programs will enable these new hires’ readiness to interface with dealers, drive revenue, and retain recurring business long-term. These programs will be both scalable and measurable, allowing you to identify their effectiveness in driving success for new Sales and Service hires.
You will be responsible for including a variety of modalities in each onboarding plan to meet the needs of diverse learning styles such as interactive e-learning, ILT materials, videos, and social learning opportunities. In addition to building an effective and engaging onboarding experience, you will also collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts on all logistics to ensure seamless implementation.
The successful individual in this role is detail-oriented, upbeat, collaborative, flexible, and can work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and shifting priorities.What You'll Do:
- Partner with Sales, Account Management, and Customer Support to identify the various competencies that their new team members must acquire during their first 90 days.
- Develop a customized, performance-based plan for each organization to teach those competencies to their new hires that may include: synchronous/asynchronous remote trainings, ILT, blended learning, interactive e-learning modules, micro-videos, device learning, job aids, certifications, and facilitator guides.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, product marketing, product managers, and appropriate functional/ senior leaders to assist with content creation, live sessions, and align on expected post-training outcomes.
- Partner with the Sales Acceleration Manager, Instructional Designer, Product and Sales Trainer, Product & Market to ensure cohesive messaging across product trainings, sales playbook, and other messaging.
- Judiciously decide the time and effort that should be spent on each training solution as well as the training format because the impact/complexity of the training topic and scope may vary.
- Conduct Train the Trainer sessions for facilitators who will ultimately deliver ILT content to learners.
- Structure a safe but pressure tested environment for sales org to practice using new knowledge prior to using on a live call / meeting
- Proactively execute post-training evaluations and maintain professional relationships with business leaders and partners ensure accurate and timely understanding of program successes and challenges.
- Effectively lead multiple projects and initiatives from scope to evaluation· Establish and conduct curriculum review and modification process to support continual improvement and necessary changes to content or process over time.
- BA/BS or Master’s degree with emphasis on business or communication or education related field
- 2+ years experience in either instructional design/similar practice or Sales/Customer Service
- Dealership/automotive industry experience preferred
- Experienced in Articulate 360 suite and Camtasia preferred
- High comfort level with technology and ability to quickly learn and utilize new software applications
- Ability to work with short deadlines and manage multiple projects at once, work as part of a larger team, and handle frequently changing demands
- Ability to impart technical knowledge to a wide variety of audiences
- Understands the balance between learning theory and practical knowledge
- Ability to effectively organize work, prioritize and manage time in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong individual leadership skills, proven through work ethic and professionalism, proactively taking initiative and offering solutions to challenges whenever possible.
- Utmost attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more