Sales Incentive Compensation Manager
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
This position plays a meaningful role in the development and administration of Bonus Incentive Compensation programs. The Incentive Compensation Manager will be a subject matter experienced in all areas of compensation including base pay, short and long-term incentives. This includes the annual plan design, system testing, data reconciliation and payment as well as customer service.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with Sales, Finance and HR to define annual Bonus Incentive Compensation Plans
- Ensure that the Bonus Compensation Administration is appropriately aligned with goals, financially prudent, properly authorized, communicated and implemented
- Leads all aspects of the development, implementation of competitive, efficient, and equitable US sales compensation programs for increased motivation, retention, productivity, and effective performance.
- Influence and execute sales channel leadership on sales compensation best practices to drive achievement of our business goals
- Ensure timely and accurate compensation payments
- Annual Oversight of Sarbannes Oxley processes including review of documentation and leading audit efforts
- Stay up-to-date on trends and developments within sales compensation and recognition practices, constantly researching and implementing best practices as appropriate.
- Provide Quarterly Management reporting and trend analysis
- Supports ad hoc data and analysis requests
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of compensation experience
- 3+ years sales force incentive compensation experience
- Outstanding analytic skills and the ability to work with large data sets from multiple sources
- Demonstrated experience in designing commercial analytical methods
- Excellent presentation skills – present analyses/findings in a compelling manner
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaborate effectively with business partners
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle opposing priorities work effectively and independently within time constraints
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.