Sales Executive, Strategic Accounts at InterSystems
InterSystems Corporation is a global, privately owned software company headquartered in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA - the tech hub of New England. We are the leading provider of database and interoperability technologies to the healthcare and life science industries. More than two-thirds of the U.S. population is served by InterSystems-based healthcare technology. Our technology is great, but it’s our people that really make the difference. At InterSystems you’ll be surrounded by smart, hard-working people with an innate love for tackling challenges and a passion for excellence.
The Sales Executive, Strategic Accounts is responsible for the acquisition of new application and solution partner accounts. These partner accounts are companies that use InterSystems products and/or services within their IT solutions that they bring to market. These responsibilities include managing all aspects of prospective and existing application and solution partner accounts in order to generate sales revenue and ensure a productive and profitable business relationship. Key accountabilities are to win new business, and develop long term revenue streams from new customers.
- Aggressively move targeted prospects along a predesigned sales cycle
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the political and organizational structure of a targeted prospect
- Understand competitive landscape and how to overcome competitive objections
- Introduce InterSystems products and services and build a pipeline of new activity within and outside the customer base
- Act as the principal liaison between InterSystems and partner accounts; develop and continuously update account profiles
- Meet with partner senior executives (CEO, VP Development, CTO) on a regular basis to identify a Vision to Value Profile detailing tier key “must solve” problems
- Represent InterSystems at sales conferences to promote the Company’s products and services
Experience & Qualifications
- Hunter profile focusing on new business
- 8+ years related experience
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through new customer acquisition. Strong understanding of how to grow an under developed or under penetrated territory
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience selling software solutions into health and life science segments including Diagnostics, Medical Device Manufacturers, Clinical Research Organizations (CRO), and Medical Imaging
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills
- Capable of quickly learning new software product(s) and clearly communicate it’s value proposition
- A proven closer, able to garner commitment at every step of sales process
BS degree or equivalent
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.