Sales Executive, Patient Engagement Solutions at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Healthcare no longer exclusively means getting in your car and driving to a hospital where a skilled group of professionals are gathered, and you get the help you require. Instead, healthcare now means using tools like mobile devices and intelligent virtual assistants to keep patients constantly connected to their physicians or caregivers. In short, healthcare is accelerating toward Digital Patient Engagement and Delivery. Modernizing the digital front door (patient access) of their health systems is a top priority which has only been heightened by the Covid-19 pandemic
This has opened up the opportunity to provide critical services in the $2-3billon TAM Patient Engagement segment within the N.A. Healthcare Provider Market leveraging the assets and capabilities of Nuance’s two main operating divisions. As such, Nuance launched the Patient Engagement Solutions (PES) division and due to the rapid growth and continued market opportunity, we are seeking to add to a Patient Engagement Account Executive.
The Nuance Patient Engagement Account Executive will work closely with the (PES) Executive Leader of Sales for Patient Engagement and other core members of the PES drive market growth in this sector. In addition, the (PES) Account Executive is directly responsible for selling the value proposition for these solutions into the entire US healthcare provider market with a focus on the mid to large IDN segment. This (PES) Account Executive must be able to create, foster, and credibly represent Nuance across the C-suite and down to the Director level across a health system’s Strategy, Digital Transformation, CIO, Patient Access Operations and/or Patient Experience functions as the call point and decision making will vary by opportunity. As the leader in developing opportunity, and over time understanding the health systems political map, navigating it and representing, demonstrating Nuance capabilities as a strategic relevant partner and having the right to win in this space is critical to early success. The (PES) Account Executive is expected to create and foster relationships with Executives, Owners, and Doctors involved with the facilities and the CFO’s, CIO’s, CMO’s, CMIO’s as well as other senior executives and influencers within hospitals. Experience working in a matrixed environment to deliver comprehensive solutions to the healthcare marketplace is a prerequisite.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
In addition to working closely with the broader PES team to grow new business the (PES) Account Executive will work to create and foster relationships with key clients to help recruit early adopter and development partners as well as drive sales for the existing technology and services Nuance will bring to the market leveraging our world class Enterprise Intelligent Engagement technology. The (PES) Account Executive will also work across the enterprise sales organization to leverage their relationships and activity to help drive client traction for our PEG solution set.
Responsibilities include developing prospects through obtaining an understanding of organizations’ patient engagement, patient access plans and service level and revenue, cost and operational performance improvement goals, aligning an organization's financial and quality needs with the appropriate Nuance solution and demonstrating the value proposition, managing strategic selling
opportunities, problem solving, presenting Patient Engagement solutions and closing sales, while exceeding assigned territory quota. The opportunity to ‘sell what we have off the back of the truck’ now (sooner then later) is real while also delivering the opportunity for Nuance and the prospect to collaborate in their journey and vision and readiness to evolve toward omni-channel intelligent engagement in healthcare.
Must also be able to build and implement key account plans and develop/implement a strategic business plan for the territory assigned. Must be able to work with partners and resellers as appropriate and as Nuance PES eco system evolves.
The territory for this role is Northeast US. The position must be based within this territory.
- Minimum of 10 years selling software solutions and services. Experience in healthcare software and selling to Providers.
- Experience in selling SaaS software solutions, traditional perpetual software and professional services.
- Ability to prosper and thrive in an early stage market where one has to sell the vision, attract early adopters and work closely with the product/services team to discover key pain points and drive the solution towards meeting client’s most critical KPIs.
- Possesses a creative mindset to shape creative custom deals.
- Develop selling skills and ability to align value proposition within messaging. Strong foundation using account planning strategies including, Miller-Heiman, Spin, Sandler, Solution Selling or other recognized sales methodologies/certifications such as The Challenger Sale.
- Skilled at penetrating into new accounts and exceeding annual sales quotas.
- Experience in prospecting, replacing an incumbent and protecting the Nuance installed base.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment to deliver comprehensive solutions to the healthcare marketplace is a prerequisite.
- Strong ability to forecast and accurately manage accounts, opportunities, activity in CRM.
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to partner with multiple sales channels both internally (product experts, Sales Engineers, Product Specialists) and externally (channel partners).
- Excel in demonstrating a confident position on healthcare business transformations.
- Familiarity with digital patient engagement a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including ROI quantification and justification
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments and make decisions.
- Excellent communications & influencing skills required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.