Sales Engineer (2020BUSSE#2) at InterSystems
We are looking to employ a development lead to join the Financial Solutions’s professional services team based in Cambridge, MA or New York, NY to provide customer implementation. The person will have good experience in designing and developing financial related systems and services. S/he will have a good understanding of the financial services industry and its core functions and services, along with deep knowledge of the associated products. The person will have a customer centric mentality and have strong delivery skills. The person will work with the collective financial services team in InterSystems to provide exemplary implementation capabilities to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide development capabilities to customize and extend our product offering to satisfy a customer’s specific requirements.
- Work individually or on a team of professional services resources to successfully execute on one or many customer implementation projects, meeting the defined and agreed upon deadlines/milestones.
- Advise, guide and educate customers on proper usage and implementation utilizing our business solutions and/or IRIS technologies as required.
- Work collaboratively with the customer project team, our internal global InterSystems financial solutions team and associated IRIS teams to satisfy customer project requirements.
- Work onsite or remotely on customer engagements as requested or as appropriate.
- 3+ years of experience in designing and implementing financial services oriented systems.
- Experience in agile methodologies is preferred.
- High proficiency in core design patterns, constructs, and methodologies along with core computer science concepts.
- Experience in multiple development languages is preferred.
- Possess broad experience in financial products.
- Is high-energy, self-motivated, results-oriented individual with a "get it done" attitude.
- Is capable of working effectively in an individual or team setting.
- Possess ability to handle changes in direction and work priorities with ease; is positive and level-headed under pressure; is adaptable.
- Is an adaptive, diligent and focused problem solver with a proactive approach, a detailed oriented mindset, and an evidence-oriented attitude.
- Is a goal oriented team player that is willing to participate at different levels and perform different functions as required.
- Possess strong collaborative skills with the ability to facilitate conversations and resolve conflicts.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience in working with financial services professionals is preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for a reasonable duration is preferred.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Math or technical / analytical equi
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.