Sales Enablement Trainer
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for an active, ambitious and enthusiastic self-starter to join our growing sales enablement team!
The Senior SA Enablement Trainer will provide continuous support and delivery of ongoing education and training for SAs as they prepare to progress in their sales career to a closing role. Working in lockstep with the SA Managers, Senior Management and the AE enablement Trainees. This role will provide dedicated enablement support across the entire SA organization- via tools out of HQ and in person programs, for SA levels post ramping period. This role will be located in the Toast HQ office in Boston, while requiring a minimum of 25% travel to our Omaha, NE office.
This role will strongly leverage programs and services delivered from the core enablement team and the SA Enablement Manager.
What you will do:
- Leveraging core enablement programs & initiatives and serve as liaison from corporate/core enablement team, dedicating monthly support to our Omaha office as well
- Manage, deliver and execute training and certification programs for SAs depending on their career progression level
- Manage success of three constituencies of SAs: managing ramped plans from 6 months onward, helping them succeed throughout their career progression towards a closing role and/or management role
- Work alongside to complement and support the dedicated SA managers
- Own and execute weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly trainings as part of continuous education for the SA team in their 6-12 month tenure at Toast
- Support existing core enablement programs. E.g. certifications, product training assessments, interview prep, and more
- Provide live in-person coaching to SAs to ensure trainings are being put into practice; be comfortable providing direct feedback influentially without being authoritative
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 2+ years of sales experience, with an interest in enablement/training; prior training and/or SA management a must
- Strong interpersonal skills; ‘people person’, Effective multi-tasker; excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to understand the SA day-to-day; cold calling, discovery and ascertain strengths/weaknesses throughout their 6-12 months tenure of SA career
- Ability to work independently and manage distributed teams to metric driven programs
- Ability to be flexible and pivot quickly when needed
- Strong ability to coach and mentor to motivate teams to be promoted to a closing role while continuing to develop skills for the SAs
- Strategic vision, program oriented, ability to execute and manage to performance.
- Cross functional team player
- Prior experience with sales tools, e.g. Salesforce