The Sales Director role is a quota-carrying enterprise software field sales position responsible generating and closing new opportunities. The perfect candidate is an experienced professional with 5 or more years of inside or field sales experience selling successfully to Fortune 1000 companies. This is an ideal role for a motivated technical sales professional looking for that next level field opportunity. Ideally, we would like to consider candidates who have experience across the entire spectrum of the enterprise software sales cycle including sourcing new leads, closing sales and life-cycle Account Management.
- Work as part of an enterprise sales team to drive new account opportunities for sales of Attivio software within assigned geographic territory
- Manage opportunities through the sales cycle from initial inquiry to forecasted pipeline to deal design and close using salesforce.com
- Identify and close additional or incremental opportunities with existing customers in territory
- Provide continuous updates on all active accounts within the company CRM system (salesforce.com) and report on sales activities, status and progress on a regular basis
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and reference-ability
- Travel and a significant level of activity is required to achieve quota for territory
- BS or BA or above degree required.
- Must have 5+ years of inside or field enterprise software sales experience
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, financial and organizational capabilities
- Exemplary communication skills, including written, telephone and presentation skills
- Successful candidate must have a track record of managing multiple accounts at once with a progressively growing annual quota
- Strong technical base with exposure to enterprise search, business intelligence, data warehousing, and / or data integration (ETL) markets
- Experience with direct enterprise account selling infrastructure software to a variety of industries, including Financial Services is a plus
- Experience in enterprise search, business intelligence software, data analytics software, or database/data warehousing platforms is highly desirable