Sales Development Representative
Have you imagined working in an environment driven by a passion and desire to not only outperform, but also outbehave the market? Since 2009, Flywire has been that company, creating solutions that break barriers, and teams that always look at the next disruptive way to move Flywire and its customers into the next generation of global and domestic payment solutions.
Because of our innovation and leadership, Flywire was named the Emerging Massachusetts Company of the Year for 2018 by MassTLC at their October Leadership Awards night.
With over 30 nationalities across 9 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and as a member of the Sales team, you will help accelerate Flywire across the globe!
The SDR position is for individuals who are ready to develop challenging pre-sales experience through the identification and qualification of sales opportunities globally. As an important part of our sales organization, you’ll understand the prospect’s business challenges to pre-qualify opportunities through phone and email contact.
The SDR plays a critical role in qualifying marketing leads and providing feedback to marketing on program effectiveness. Working in collaboration with marketing and field sales, the SDR’s primary objectives are to deliver opportunities to the regional sales team he/she supports and to help drive a highly strategic pipeline through deep discovery and research to be used by the BDR and Sales teams.
The SDR role is a great start to a sales or marketing career at Flywire. You will be a key member of the sales team and will have the chance to prospect into a diverse set of industries that we break down into the following segments:
- Education - Higher Education & Private K-12
- Healthcare - Providers
- Commercial - Various
Key responsibilities & qualifications:
The experience and skills needed to be successful start with your 0-2 years of full-time corporate experience (software sales is a plus but not required).
- Effectively interact with key business decision makers via telephone and email
- Research Target accounts for proper contacts and sales triggers
- Learn and maintain knowledge of Flywire’s product and solutions
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and competition
- Aggressively identify qualified sales opportunities
- Qualify marketing leads via email, telephone calls and online research to ascertain challenges, interest level and appropriate next steps
- Help support pre and post strategic events and conference activities
- Strong customer service orientation, persistence, and ability to follow through
- Have a competitive spirit
- Possess prospecting skills
- Have strong communication skills (Both written and verbal)
- Demonstrate a “Win as a Team” attitude
- Are resourceful
- Can be coached
- Have a drive for results
- Possess a strong business acumen
- See challenges as opportunities instead of obstacles
- Are flexible and able to adapt to new situations
- Have a familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM
- Completed an undergraduate BA/BS degree
- Our Mission: Empowering opportunities globally and locally with convenient, secure, and reliable transactions.
- Our Location: This role is based in our corporate headquarters in Boston, MA and looks out across the Boston Common at the golden dome of the Massachusetts State House. It is easily accessible from the Park Street train stop and a short walk from South Station.
- Our Values: Authenticity, Execution, Ambitious Innovation, Global Collaboration, Evolved Learning, Fulfillment.