Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Join Veeva as we innovate life sciences training. As the Sales Development Representative (SDR), eLearning, you will be responsible for supporting the sales process of the Veeva accredited GxP eLearning library for customers in Life Sciences. You’ll drive your own success by generating sales demand and pipeline revenue through inbound and outbound lead development, combining active engagement with marketing programs with lead generation and inside sales skills. This job will require you to have foundational sales skills and an authentic sales approach. In addition to cultivating and qualifying leads, this position will be responsible for closing certain sales opportunities that do not fall into the covered account patch by other Veeva account executives. This role is a launchpad for a great sales career at Veeva and in cloud technology.
The successful candidate will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for and involved in all sales supports initiatives put in place to enable rapid growth of the eLearning solutions within Veeva.
This is a work anywhere, full-time permanent role with Veeva. Our work processes are designed so that you can be productive in the environment that works best for you. This is a customer-facing role, and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
What You'll Do
- Work within a defined set of industry contacts to generate and qualify new leads and opportunities
- Manage the early sales cycle for opportunities within your market segment
- Build trusted relationships with prospective customers; delivering exceptional service and experiences
- Understand prospects’ needs and recommend the right Veeva training products and solutions
- Coordinate closely with Enterprise and Mid-market Account Executives
- Manage and track activities and opportunities correctly in our CRM
- Rapidly develop your sales skills on the job and through training and events
- Coordinate resources across the customer lifecycle from sales to delivery and beyond
- Providing solution-oriented responses to presentations, Requests for Proposals/Information (RFPs/RFIs), pricing, proposals, and other sales deliverables
- Participating in Workshops, Conference Room Pilots (sandbox exercises), and Proof of Concepts
- Assisting with the configuration and managing customer trial accounts
- 2+ years of experience in the pharma/biotech, MedTech, or similarly regulated industry
- Experience in pre-sales or similar customer-facing role for an eLearning or software company
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ambitious and comfortable taking initiative
- Ability to manage time and priorities
- Team player; able to take accountability and direction
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Energetic self-starter; able to work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of eLearning best practices, standards, and current industry trends, with a particular focus on life sciences or GxP applicability
- Learning Management System experience
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
Perks & Benefits
- Work Remotely
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Health and wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]