Who we are
Hometap is a highly-funded startup, venturing into the massive $14T residential real estate market. Our vision is to empower current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity free of debt. We’ve been funded from the beginning by top-tier VC firms and led by incredibly successful entrepreneurs. Our investment product gives homeowners access to tomorrow’s home equity, today, and frees them from the burdens of debt. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.
What We’re Looking For
We’ve spent the last year heads down, building our first homeowner equity product. We’re looking for a Sales Associate to play the vital role in bringing our products to market.
Hometap is a young company with a uniquely new product. As we go to market, we’ll be learning how to sell. It will be your job to help us figure out how to talk to homeowners, and how to optimize the sales process. You’ll need all the characteristics of a strong sales person - intelligence, empathy, drive and confidence. But more than that, you’ll need to be creative, flexible, empathetic, and compelling. Our learnings as we talk to customers will drive the sales strategy that you help to put in place. As a champion for Hometap, you’ll help build a sales organization that aligns the homeowner’s best interests with the long-term interests of the company. You’ll be essential to the formation of our team, philosophy and strategy.
Why We Need You
- Build and nurture relationships with homeowners on a daily basis, educating them on Hometap products and progressing through the sales funnel with the goal of closing investments
- Continually learn from homeowners and build those learnings into repeatable/scalable operational processes and strategies
- Write and iterate on sales playbooks, scripts, collateral pieces, and other relevant sales materials
- Aid in the behind the scenes application, operations and investment approval process
- Create sales processes and tactics that will scale with lead growth
- Collaborate with the marketing, operations and product teams to build an efficient and scalable investment process
- Help design and implement our long-term sales philosophy and strategy
- Participate in the recruitment and building of a sales team and culture from the ground up
- Ability to work some nights and some weekends
- Highly motivated individual with 3+ years of relationship-oriented experience (sales, business development, etc.)
- Motivated, compelling, outgoing, empathetic and confident
- Creative, good listener, ability to think on your feet
- Demonstrated leadership and entrepreneurial capability and desire to help build a team
- Detail oriented with an ability to think big picture
- Present well in all forms of communication including phone and in person
- Respectful and tell it like it is attitude that will put homeowner interests first
- Prior role selling financial or other ‘major purchase’ products to consumers or SMBs
- Well versed in personal and home finance and ability to quickly learn and explain complex financial products
Our Team & Culture
Equally important to the candidate’s skill-sets is the candidate’s fit within our business. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, fast paced, data-driven, a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, has a competitive drive to win and values collaboration.
Local candidates only please – no relocation is available for this position.