We are looking for a Sales Application Specialist with experience of working in an NHS Laboratory, combined with sales and/or pre-sales experience in a commercial environment. The applicant must be credible, engaging and flexible enough to meet the changing needs of our customers and the organisation generally.
The Sales Application Specialist is required to support the sales and marketing of InterSystems Healthcare Solutions in the UK to ensure customer satisfaction and increased sales revenue.
During the pre-sales process and beyond the Sales Application Specialist is required to work alongside all levels of the customers procurement team, as well as other stakeholders and end-users.
The Sales Application Specialist is required to effectively communicate with the customer team to ensure they fully comprehend the capabilities, and features and benefits of InterSystems Healthcare Solutions.
The Sales Application Specialist is also required to work with the Delivery team to ensure relevant information regarding customer needs, and the solution proposed, is fully understood in order to ensure a successful implementation.
To support sales activities in order to increase sales revenue, including:
- Delivery of compelling demonstrations/presentations of InterSystems Healthcare Solutions to prospective clients
- Ensuring all information needed in order to deliver a quality presentation/demonstration is obtained
- Formulating and executing an effective plan for delivery of presentations and demonstrations.
- Providing detailed and articulate responses to user’s questions during demonstrations/ presentations and following-up when needed.
- Undertaking sales visits e.g. responding to initial sales enquiries during market testing
- Participating in contract negotiation meetings
- Completing the requirements documentation
- Creating and maintaining a database of answers to assist with completion of requirements documentation
- Assisting with arrangement of site visits for potential customers
- Preparing site for the visitor’s requirements
- Being present at the site visit
- Understanding competitor solutions
- Keeping up to date with NHS and independent health care provider requirements
- Maintaining a working knowledge of NHS IT standards, strategies and priorities
- Co-ordinate the preparation of demonstrations/presentations with partners
- Co-ordinate inputs from partners to response documents
- Advise on the products ability to meet contract obligations
- Sharing feedback from customers and prospects on requirements for requests for change, new functionality, new strategies and ways of working
- Liaise with development to ensure the development plan meets emerging needs for new requirements and ways of working.
- Provide training to new Sales Application Specialists as required.
- 5+ years’ experience in a comparable role
- A strong comprehension of software and applications combined with an interested and analytical approach to technology
- A high level of skill using MS Office (particularly PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Proficient and confident in the demonstration of software applications
- Prior experience writing and organizing bid responses
- Available for out of office hours work and willing to travel 50% of time (primarily within the UK)
- This role is predominately focused on providing support for sales opportunities for TrakCare Lab Enterprise (TCLE). An appropriate qualification in Healthcare Science is needed.
- Experience working in an NHS Laboratory is essential
Education & Training
- Experienced in customer focused sales and support
- Proven ability to lead and deliver results as required within specific time frames
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Keen to learn new technologies and new applications
- A self-starter with the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.