Sales and Retention Solutions Leader at MassMutual
Our ideal Sales and Retention Solutions Leader candidate is detailed oriented, experienced in participating in sales finals, is well versed in the different services/solutions offered in the Defined Contribution marketplace, and is a strong presenter. You’ll use your skills to create a tailored customer experience and prepare the presentation team to be high performing and cohesive in all sales finals for opportunities greater than $10 million. You will also become well versed in all service roles at MassMutual to help coach and mentor those representatives in presenting their roles consistently and effectively in sales and retention situations.
Objectives of this role
- Work with Managing Directors on strategy to win new business and retain existing business by aligning MassMutual’s solutions with the needs of the customer.
- Ensure the team, technology and materials are aligned with the winning strategy
- Coach, mentor and develop training for the various teams represented within a sales final process to create a consistent story and way of presenting the MassMutual value proposition.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Contributes to development of strategy that meets the needs of the prospect and positions MMUS well against competitors
- Collaborates with MD to determine the best presenters to support the finals
- Participates in fact finding calls with Advisors/sponsors prior to final
- Standardizes and leads preparation sessions and presentation dry runs
- Leverages best practices for all aspects of finals including custom creative, videos, give away items, slide messaging and presentation order
- When necessary, presents and conducts technology demos in finals meetings. Travel required and will vary based on volume of finals.
- Standardizes and leads debrief calls to capture reasons business was lost or won
- Assists with post-presentation strategy for follow up items
- Collaborates with DVPs, Business Development Team, Marketing and other business partners on development of new slides, messaging, best practices, and competitive intel
- Provides coaching to key presentation groups as necessary
- 10 years minimum of experience in Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Servicing
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience coaching and mentoring others
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- Past experience in Transition Management, Relationship Management, or Account Management
- Experience presenting in sales finals in current or previous roles
- Experience presenting technology solutions and conducting technology demonstrations both in person and remotely via solutions like webex and zoom.