Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the team
This team is heavily focused on expanding and renewing customers by engaging early-on, before subscription renewals. The health of the existing customer base is crucial when retaining the dollars that have already been closed. We work alongside the Customer Success Managers to drive adoption and user engagement, which will aid in the efforts for the Renewal team to grow the account.
Prioritizing by health, expiring deal size, a runway for growth as well as imminent renewal dates, this team will use these indicators to retain customers and uncover & close expansion opportunities.
About the role
- Building strong relationships with our existing client base in our mid-market segment.
- Renew/expand the contracts of our mid-market customers through great relationship building and value-add throughout their lifecycle with us
- Mapping out what your customer’s GTM strategy is, how Drift is aligned and ways to expand the adoption of conversational marketing/selling to grow their business.
- Becoming a proactive and forward-thinker when it comes to new features and products our Product teams release, and introducing these to existing clients to drive adoption.
- Clearly define and review the success criteria with your customer to ensure they’re performing as expected on a regular basis. Work with Customer Success to package and deliver
- Identify customers at risk and provide the support necessary in partnership with our Customer Success team to retain and make them successful
- Work closely with your Customer Success rep to ensure all onboarding and success criteria are being met
In one month you’ll
- Attend comprehensive organization training and learn the Drift story, how we work and our goals for the future
- Experience in-depth product training, contract handling, and
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and meet with other key players
- Shadow colleagues and start working on your own pitch and outreach cadence
- Learn to navigate and prioritize accounts
- Receive your book of accounts
By month 3 you’ll
- Master Drift product and have a good understanding of the industry
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem, billing/finance and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide a best in class sales process
- Continue to learn renewal & expansion tactics
- Build pipeline through well-crafted customer reviews and account engagement
- Prepare and present renewal presentations, executive summaries and successfully guide customers through the renewal process
- Work toward hitting a fully ramped renewal book of business
By month 6 you’ll
- Build and manage a strong book of customers and provide accurate expansion/renewal forecast through Salesforce
- Drive complex upgrades, cross-sells, expansion, and multi-year deals from initial contact through close; within a fast-paced environment
- Master conversational sales and marketing practices
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
- Bring your thinking, strategy, and ideas to the team to advance our unique culture and vision for the future
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Experience in Account Management, Sales or Customer Success.
- You have experience managing dozens of accounts and maintaining strong, positive relationships with existing clients
- You have a track record of identifying and executing on upsell opportunities in existing deals
- You’re organized, rigorous, and adaptable to an ever-evolving process and team
- You’re self-motivated and hard-working: you aim to exceed your quota, and you enjoy working in fast-paced, collaborative teams
- The ability to demonstrate a strong aptitude for both selling and building lasting relationships with customers
- Strong business acumen and comfort with presenting to, and establishing relationships with, senior-level executives in mid-market companies
- Technologically savvy and ability to learn and demonstrate new technology fast
- The ability to work individually and collaborate within a team environment to achieve set goals
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Love putting the customer at the center of your day
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]